Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Braveheart 5k Trail Run 2017

Options
  • 22-05-2017 2:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The 8th Trim AC Braveheart Trail Race will be chip-timed and staged over a 5 kilometer course on Friday, 16th June at 8pm. There will be a technical t-shirt for the first 400 entrants. This unique event will be staged along the banks of the Boyne and will take in many of the medieval sites of the town through the Porchfields. The heritage trails of Trim are an excellent leisure resource and include locations which featured in the blockbuster film Braveheart.

Entry fee is €15 online (plus transaction fee) or €18 on the night. Technical t-shirts for the first 400 online entries. There will be the usual category prizes for senior, junior and master runners.

There will be juvenile races (1km distance) at 7pm for the younger runners - entry for these races will be €2 per runner. There will be medals for all juvenile participants. We will have 3 races:
    8-10 years boys and girls
    11-13 years boys and girls
    14-16 years boys and girls

The venue is 20 mins from M3 and M4. Parking will be available in the many car parks around the town, all of which are within walking distance of the race start. Parking (on-street and car parks) will be free in the town after 6pm on the evening of the race.

We look forward to seeing you on Race Night & the very best of luck from all at Trim A.C.
    • Chip timing
    • AAI permit
    • Kids race
    • Post race refreshments
    • Supporting local charities

Registration is NOW AVAILABLE here.

I'll post more information as it becomes available. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

55405b_e890284b19894a6a8f5abbc6c67fcb02.png

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

As we're getting close to race day, here's the latest information regarding registrations etc..

Online registration will close at midday on Thursday. No online registrations will be available after that. Registration and number/t-shirt collection will be available in Aura Leisure Centre, Trim from 6.30pm to 9pm on Thursday evening, and also before the race on Friday from 6.30pm to 7.30pm at Race HQ (see below). Note that registrations on Friday will be €18. Registrations cannot be processed after 7.30pm on race day so please leave enough time to get registered.

Race HQ this year will be beside the Yellow Steeple in Trim, we will have a marquee up there. This is where registrations and number collection will take place before the race, and the post-race refreshments and award presentations will also take place here. We will not be using the hall as per previous years so please do not go there pre-race.

Important change this year - we will have a start mat as well as finish mat, so you will get an accurate chip time even if you are back a bit from the start line. Please listen to the race marshals at the start of the race as they will try to group people in suitable start positions.

Kids races are at 7pm, with registration for these from 6pm. €2 per child.

Any questions please let me know here and I'll do my best to answer. Hope to see many of you on the day and have a great race!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hello there.

Will there be any walkers doing this?

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

signed up, should be a nice evening and bringing the kids! See you out there

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hello there.

Will there be any walkers doing this?

Thanks a million.

Walkers certainly welcome, don't know how many we'll have though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, the walkers didn't join us in the end, but wow, what a great race.

Magic evening, lovely course. Everyone in great spirits.

Defo one for next year.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well, the walkers didn't join us in the end, but wow, what a great race.

Magic evening, lovely course. Everyone in great spirits.

Defo one for next year.

Glad you enjoyed it, was a lovely evening for it which always helps. Thanks for the nice feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I Enjoyed the race, as I do every year. I liked that the registration was at the castle instead of across town as usual.

But what was the story with No water at the finish, no sandwiches and no tea?

I Enjoyed the race, as I do every year. I liked that the registration was at the castle instead of across town as usual.

But what was the story with No water at the finish, no sandwiches and no tea?

There was water in the tent close to the finish, as far as I know anyway. I was off taking photos at that point, so I wasn't there but that's what I was told.

As regards tea and sandwiches - with the refreshments in the tent after the race, that stuff becomes much harder to organise than in the hall where we have power and water heaters etc.. There was a tea/coffee guy there if people really wanted a hot drink but to be honest people seemed to want water/juice rather than a hot drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Its a shame because trim really have a great turnout at all the other Meath roadraces who do put the effort into a really good after race spread like Bohermeen last week. Ah well, fair play for trying a new setup, didn't really work out but you live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

very enjoyable race, well run and very well organised. I didnt hang around for tea/biscuits but did get some water and my kids loaded up after their fun run on treats.

My eldest was at the front of the U10 fun run at the start, got tripped up and trampled on and was thoroughly disgusted.....:rolleyes:

Told him to harden up and keep the elbows sharp!

• Advertisement

very enjoyable race, well run and very well organised. I didnt hang around for tea/biscuits but did get some water and my kids loaded up after their fun run on treats.

My eldest was at the front of the U10 fun run at the start, got tripped up and trampled on and was thoroughly disgusted.....:rolleyes:

Told him to harden up and keep the elbows sharp!

Glad you enjoyed it.

As regards the kids races, it's very difficult to estimate how many kids will turn up but the weather probably helped ensure we had a huge turnout. We'll probably spit the U10 group into 2 groups (or more) next time.

Advertisement