Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rory's Stories

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Why is the poll closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

statesaver wrote: »
    Why is the poll closed?

This an old thread and when you create a poll sometimes the OP puts in a date for the poll to close!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

He is brilliant, always checking facebook for his newest videos.

Out of interest, do you like Mrs. Browns Boys and/or The Big Bang Theory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

hairyslug wrote: »
    I've watched a few, I'm kinda left scratching my head at the end waiting for the funny bit.
    What sort of money can he pull in for those 300k likes (does it even work that way)

He does fundraising nights for clubs all over the country where he gets paid nicely. Makes fun of players, coaches, managers etc. And does his own sketches.

Also a few of the videos he gets sponsored for things. Got sponsored a new car.

Not overly rich from it but still making money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Fair play to the lad. He has made a living out of bottom of the barrel.

His comedy is painful mad lad gaa nonsense.

My only claim to fame is being banned from his page for calling him unfunny while he laughs to the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this a thread about my nephew Rory Raeper from Dundee in Scotland, he'd be about twenty one now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I actually googled that..wha dafuq

I'll fit you with a portable sphygmomanometer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

• Advertisement

Is this a thread about my nephew Rory Raeper from Dundee in Scotland, he'd be about twenty one now.

Clearly. Well done

Rory's stories are fine in my opinion after hearing Sir Stevo Timothy!

Rory's stories are fine in my opinion after hearing Sir Stevo Timothy!

Nah

Both are as bad as each other. Rory just tries to be the 'lad'.

Look at me. I work building sites and play gaa, im mad so I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, I dunno, I find Farmer Michael to be much more painful.

And some of the surface level things just make me dislike him - the man bun, the beard, the tattoo: he just looks like an insufferable dose: there's an irony in him making a living in playing a caricature, when he looks like one himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Can someone explain how that shouty video is in any way funny? I'm not saying it's offensive but where's the joke?

This reaction is funnier than the actual video. https://twitter.com/griffski/status/1032229168661053440

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Can someone explain how that shouty video is in any way funny? I'm not saying it's offensive but where's the joke?

Same can be said for all his videos. There's an observation, an idea and then a sketch with nothing clever like a punchline.
    Fair play to him if he can make a living out of this shtick.

This reaction is funnier than the actual video. https://twitter.com/griffski/status/1032229168661053440

Twitter needs to restrict the number of characters you are allowed to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The replies are even worse.
    “Literally gave me anxiety”
    “It was confusing and horrible”
    “It’s awful, like the first scene in a harrowing domestic drama”
    The last one from a man that looks like he will never see a real life vagina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Twitter needs to restrict the number of characters you are allowed to use!

Yeah, to zero.

You seem to have conveniently left out the rest of that tweet, which refers to having grown up in a house where that kind of behaviour was usually followed by domestic violence.

• Advertisement

I also am kinda perplexed by the latest video. It looks like the start of of a dramatisation of the lead up to a massive row, rather than a sketch. I get that the joke is supposed to be that her demands are so insessent and OTT that he flips out, but there doesn't actually seem to be much of a joke in it. His frustration feels very genuine and if this was the beginning scene of a kitchen sink drama I'd expect him to start going around smashing up the kitchen.

You seem to have conveniently left out the rest of that tweet, which refers to having grown up in a house where that kind of behaviour was usually followed by domestic violence.

Where does it say that? I don't see a reply that says "literally gave me anxiety" but there's one that says "I had a full on anxiety attack watching it, it's awful" and that's the full tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The replies are even worse.
    “It was confusing and horrible”
    “It’s awful, like the first scene in a harrowing domestic drama”
    The last one from a man that looks like he will never see a real life vagina.

Any video that triggers and upsets idiots like yer one and her followers is ok by me :D

Where does it say that? I don't see a reply that says "literally gave me anxiety" but there's one that says "I had a full on anxiety attack watching it, it's awful" and that's the full tweet.

It's in the replies. Look again.

Some of his stuff can be a bit witty funny and observational.

The blonde one that's in a few of them is dire though. Dreadful acting.

You seem to think the word literally is used properly on the internet.

You seem to think the word literally is used properly on the internet.

A simple "yeah, you're right, quoting that tweet out of context was a bit of a dick move on my part" would have sufficed.

A simple "yeah, you're right, quoting that tweet out of context was a bit of a dick move on my part" would have sufficed.

I couldn’t care less if you think it was a dick move. If it upsets you and your need to get offended on behalf of other people, all the better as far as I’m concerned.

I couldn’t care less if you think it was a dick move.

I don't doubt that for one minute.

I've read all the replies. I don't see any in which anxiety and having suffered domestic abuse are in the same tweet. Having said that maybe I'm blocked by someone I've never spoken to because they followed repeal shield so I'll look again while signed out.

EDIT - I see it now.

• Advertisement

Gloating about kicking a wing mirror off a carelessly parked car, now that’s a real dick move.

Gloating about kicking a wing mirror off a carelessly parked car, now that’s a real dick move.

So is changing the subject to distract from your shitty post. Desperate stuff.

So is changing the subject to distract from your shitty post. Desperate stuff.

My post is fine. It’s only sh*tty to that one girl I quoted out of context and overly sensitive, perpetually offended people and they don’t count. I apologise if the girl is reading but not to anybody else.

The fact that on these kinds of tweets I'm guaranteed to be blocked by at least two of the people responding because I got on repeal shields hate list goes to show how over sensitive they are. I guarantee they haven't even read any of my tweets, they just thought "oh shit, someone on the internet probably doesn't have the same view point as me".

My post is fine. It’s only sh*tty to that one girl I quoted out of context and overly sensitive, perpetually offended people and they don’t count. I apologise if the girl is reading but not to anybody else.

It's good that you've at least gone halfway towards acknowledging that it was a shitty thing to post. Well done.

That dead parrot sketch that Monty Python did was confusing and awful. Like the first scene in a harrowing drama about death and coping with the loss of a loved one. It literally gave me anxiety as I grew up in a house that experienced the loss of numerous pets down through the years.

It's good that you've at least gone halfway towards acknowledging that it was a shitty thing to post. Well done.

Take a step back and look at what you’re doing. You’re getting angry with someone you don’t know, quoting someone else you don’t know, who most likely won’t ever know, out of context.
    Take stock dude.

My father was one of the loudest, angriest people you could meet. However there were six of us and he never once raised a hand to any of us nor my mother. It's possible to get angry and shout without it leading to physical violence.

I still think the video is unfunny shite. I don't see anything offensive or 'toxic' in it though. And the woman is annoying as fuck (although so is he).

Take a step back and look at what you’re doing. You’re getting angry with someone you don’t know, quoting someone else you don’t know, who most likely won’t ever know, out of context.
    Take stock dude.

I wonder if you might be overreacting to getting called out on your nonsense.

If I was you, I'd respond to this post by accusing me of overreacting.

• Advertisement

This is proving to be a thrilling battle to the death.

Arghus wrote: »
    This is proving to be a thrilling battle to the death.

Just to confirm. I didn’t die, I fell asleep. It must have been that last comeback that did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Watched a few videos there. I found them to be amusing at tiems as they relate to me. My brother's love him. Harmless bit of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's grand. Kind of like Dun'believables for millennials, not really all that funny but enough country, farming and GAA references that the culchies love it.

I just don't think City folks will appreciate Rory's stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I just don't think City folks will appreciate Rory's stories

Not from the city and tbf I've had funnier bouts of food poisoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, I dunno, I find Farmer Michael to be much more painful.

And some of the surface level things just make me dislike him - the man bun, the beard, the tattoo: he just looks like an insufferable dose: there's an irony in him making a living in playing a caricature, when he looks like one himself.

Very true.
    I don't follow Rory's Stories but I'd watch the clip it came through on my twitter or FB feed. Some are grand, some are shíte, very few get a laugh.
    But Farmer Michael and his Kaaaaaaaathleeeeeen is just flogging a dead horse.
    Same as Twomey, I set his posts to be hidden from my feed permanently, I just went back on for a check and he's still using the same material.
    At least yer man Rory tries to change it up somewhat. I'll give him credit for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Twomey was the first ever person I had to perma-block and mute from every feed. Absolute drivel.

Farmer Michael seems to have a big following UK-side. Seems to be having a hard time lately too, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

FitzShane wrote: »
    Twomey was the first ever person I had to perma-block and mute from every feed. Absolute drivel.

Farmer Michael seems to have a big following UK-side. Seems to be having a hard time lately too, unfortunately.

What’s happening ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What’s happening ?

Seems to be having a lot of panic attacks which may be leading on to some other things. Can't do appearances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dick Pickle

FitzShane wrote: »
    Seems to be having a lot of panic attacks which may be leading on to some other things. Can't do appearances.

Ah shame to hear that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement