Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rory's Stories

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Twomey is on a whole different level of awfulness compared to the other two lads.

Rory mightn't have me splitting my sides with every single attempt, but his hit ratio is pretty good. And I'm not a fan of farmer Michael - it's one joke stretched beyond being anything but useless at this stage - but he did have his moments back at the start, when at least it seemed a bit fresh. Most comedy that I don't find that hilarious myself, I can at least at some level understand what people are supposed to find funny in it. Even Mrs. Brown, I don't like it, but I know why people find the obvious crudity hilarious.

Twomey is an absolute waste of space. It's not just that his stuff isn't remotely funny - it's thoughtless and witless drivel - but it is properly full on irritating to boot. Listening to it is like getting your ballsack stuck in a car door as it's slammed shut and even more painful, because it hurts you deeper than that, beyond physical pain, it hurts you in your soul. His stuff is just so sh!t. There's no actual humour in it, just irritating noise. Next to him Rory looks like PG Woodhouse. He's truly loathsome.

Is he still popular? Surely the world must have cottoned onto how utterly useless he is by now? Though he's probably doing alright by the fact that his audience is made up of mainly two demographics: the young and stupid and the plain old stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I used to be involved making sketches, went viral a few times with some videos, I tried different styles and honestly the only ones that did well for me in terms of views and likes are the stereotypical Irish stuff that Rory and Farmer Micheal do. I tried to branch out into other types of comedy and none of them returned the same amount of interaction as the easy irish relatable stuff. So I pretty much stopped doing sketch stuff. I can understand why these guys keep with same characters and style, but can understand why it seems to be repetitive to people. Its just what people like, they probably know its not funny, but they know its what people like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It’s all to forced from him, occasionally there a funny line but usually I just skip over his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Rory's stuff is fine- can be hit and miss but there are some odd laughs in there as the people he is characterising do exist.

However the girl who works with him is absolutely atrocious- she just says completely normal and unfunny things but in a howiya accent.

I've seen Twomey mentioned on here aswell- I didnt know he was still going to be honest. His approach had a limited shelf life and its well past to be honest. I dont really think he's any good (he reminds of that frost-bit guy in terms of limited range) but I wouldnt say his humour crushes my soul or whatever was said above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

This reaction is funnier than the actual video. https://twitter.com/griffski/status/1032229168661053440

Wow, just wow.
    Do these people only ever watch Disney movies and read Enid Blyton books.
    Sketch is unfunny, but its fiction.

Advertisement