Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting billed for old address

Options
  • 22-05-2017 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I moved house in Jan this year and gave my final meter reading and paid the bill.  Fast forward until the start of May and I receive a debit on my account from electric Ireland (GAS).  When I looked online it was relating to my old address.  Upon calling electic Ireland I was informed that the landlord of the old address never took over the account so the charge was relating to ESB trying to disconnect the property. 

I was informed that the query was sent to the billing department and someone would get back to me, I have received no reply as of yet.  Can you please advise whats details you need via PM so I can get an update on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Thefact,

Thank you for getting in touch

A query may take a number of working days to be processed.

We require the following details by private message:

- The name as appears on your Electric Ireland account
    - Your Electric Ireland account number
    - The address on the account
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation stating you are the account holder

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement