Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help locating split charge relay on a 99 Rimor Superbrig 728 on sprinter chassis

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

One last question regarding this..... After spending some time in the camper over the past couple of weeks, I would like the option of being able to stay at Aires for more than one night at a time, or maybe a bit of wild camping, so am thinking of fitting a solar panel, am I correct in saying that I can rig up a solar panel directly to the Arsilicii control unit, with just a fuse on the positive feed? Or is it just wishful thinking that it would be that simple?

Ok, definitely last question (I promise), in order to make the battery last longer (I'm only getting less than 24hrs out of the current set up) I have bought all LED G4 light bulbs, trouble is they appear to keep drawing power after the light has been switched off, they give off a glow like a night light, I have tried expensive ones, along with cheaper ones and they are all doing the same thing, are there bulbs available that don't do this, or has anyone a solution?

rustynutz wrote: »
    Or is it just wishful thinking that it would be that simple?

You can but it won't work very well. Solar controllers are where the rubber meets the road I wouldn't rely on an stock blok to manage the task. They're so conservative they're not useful.
    rustynutz wrote: »
    are there bulbs available that don't do this, or has anyone a solution?

Use double pole switches.

Advertisement