Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 4th June 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh, the promos to come...

"Brock, I'll see you at Great Balls of Fire."

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Once again wasn't a great PPV had 2 decent matches if you can even call them that : the whole pov was weird
    1) I thought the whole point of kengo stick on a pole was whoever got it was the only one allowed to use it legally not that the other person could also use
    2) the re-entry has that ever been done before? Why go back in - very odd
    3) submission match - should have just been a no pinfalls match , I thought submission match meant you couldn't be counted out and disqualified ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Renee is looking incredibly hot on Raw Talk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I think Joe vs Brock should be an incredible, stiff match, the rest of the show annoyed the hell out of me. The psychology in most matches was so, so stupid, especially the IC and cage matches, that it took me completely out of them.

It was a one match card going in, and that match was brilliant, but the rest of the show was awful imo.

kopite386 wrote: »
    Once again wasn't a great PPV had 2 decent matches if you can even call them that : the whole pov was weird
    1) I thought the whole point of kengo stick on a pole was whoever got it was the only one allowed to use it legally not that the other person could also use
    ?

Nah, if anything, the entire trope of a "... On a pole match" is that whoever gets the item down usually gets it used against them. You are right, that should be how it works but it never has :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I should be looking forward to joe/brock but it's just going to be brock suplexing now around for 10 minutes while how hits one move hope I'm wrong but that's brocks formula now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So i finally get the match i wanted to see for ages, the only person that looks a credible threat to Brock is Joe, but wwe dont put it on at Summerslam, its not at Wrestlemania like i hoped it would be, its not even at the Royal Rumble, its at wwe great balls of fire,

just f*ck off wwe, if done right this is a match everybody would want to see, and a real wrestlemania main event, so they put it on a crappy named ppv instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

2 complete dud matches that would be stronger contenders for worst match of the year if it weren't for the Bray Wyatt nonsense a few months ago, loads of filler and quite a good main event. Not exactly an extreme take but there was nothing extreme about a show that was bland and unmemorable.

So is Joe heel and Brock switching back to babyface?

Or will they let the crowd cheer the guy who is fresh and obviously getting a massive shot, and boo the guy who doesn't bother to show up more than once every two months....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Are people just conditioned now to sh*t all over WWE shows now?

Didn't see the preshow but I understand there was a great spot involving a asai moonsault into a dropkick, must go check that out.

Miz v Ambrose was a solid match. I liked the finish, and how they didn't go with the obvious Maryse DQ.

The mixed tag was decent filler with a nice finish - Banks hitting the double knees on Dar setting him up for the Phoenix splash.

Bliss v Bayley was unusually short, I wonder if one of them picked up an injury. That said, it's kind of logical that Alexa got the stick, bashed Bayley with it, and won quickly. If nothing else it got the stick over!

The Cage match was fairly meh, but the crowd really bit into it, and I'm curious if the result will eventually lead to a Broken angle.

I also really enjoyed the Neville v Aries match, even though the crowd were not into it at all. They were given time, which surprised me (and again makes me wonder if the Bayley Bliss match was shorter than expected).

And the main event was great fun, everyone looked good, Finn continues to earn legitimacy with the big boys, and a finish that doesn't hurt him in the slightest.

Have to say it was one of the better recent shows for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The right winner for the IC match. Cole mentioned it was Miz's 92nd PPV, which is both a random statement but could also be setting him up for making a big deal out of his 100th?
    Luckily they got the toughest ref they had. He was hit from behind and knocked to the floor. Any other ref would be down for about 20 mins after that.

The On a Pole matches do cofuse me. I suppose in the same way a Chairs match does. I mean would get disqualified if you used any other item? I think they should've had a different stipulation and let Bayley go mad on Alexa. So she doesn't go down without a fight. Did see a funny comment about how any match that involves Alexa reaching for something just seems cruel.

The Samson bit seemed weird. Did Big Show miss his cue? And if he's heel, why is Corey the only one of the comentators that doesn't like him?

The Cage match was another confusing one. So many times Matt slowly climbed the cage instead of walking out the door. And the fact it could only be won by escaping the cage is a rule I think all Cage matches should have. Corey got his words a bit confused afterward. "Walked the walk, climbed the cimb and fought the fought"

The main event was a great match. Did Finn bust Reigns' nose or mouth? Joe and Bray would be a pretty good tag team.
    And it still kinda makes me think if anyone had said back when they appeared that Husky Harris would be the most successful Nexus member, they would've been laughed at. (Not counting Bryan)

Also who's the blonde in the front row? Have seen her at a few PPVs. She looks like a bodybuilder or wrestler herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The miz Ambrose match was good I liked​ the ref not buying Miz trying to get Ambrose DQ,'d

Mixed tag was meh

Samson lee was a raw segment

Cage match was good in an action sense but the rule of both out together makes no sense. And Matt looked stupid a few times during it. Why be always had to go over and not use the door. Then when Jeff was out stopping Seamus going through the door makes no sense. Let him through then follow out Cesaro was down.
    I think it was the right decision though for Cesaro and Seamus to win though.

Alexa Vs Bayley was poor. I was happy that the kendo stick was a legit weapon and had an influence on the outcome. Going back to the stupid though Bayley looked so stupid with the I'm not going to hit you craic. She's flung Bliss into barriers and all sorts but the stick is a step too far.

The Cruiserweight match was good. I still think that the 205 crew should be the fast paced flippy matches so a submission match to me is the wrong stip, but I don't want that to detract from the match.

The no 1 contender match was great, oddly slow for a multiman match but that's a small issue. Glad there was a swerve to Joe. Glad Finn got choked out after a good match so he doesn't look bad. Some of the strong Roman lol stuff was annoying but it's to be expected. Unless he gets crickets they won't stop with it.

Good ppv that had no need for the name extreme rules. Something like 3 weapons used throughout. Bit meh on that side of things

WWE in ring is great the action and the skill of all involved is great, but the logic to their actions, well there is none

Neil3030 wrote: »

In fairness, I probably am at this point. I've reached a point where I skim through shows and watch out of habit more than anything.

The main event I thought was very good....but even that, I'm conditioned to refuse to let my expectations go too high, and I fully anticipate them feeding Joe to Brock in 5 minutes, rather than pull the trigger on Joe, have him kill Brock and establish a new monster champ who is, you know, willing to work.

Miz/Ambrose is a match I've seen too often in the last 12 months, and I hated the psychology of the match. Likewise, the cage match killed my ability to suspend my disbelief, both due to **** psychology (Why don't Sheamus/Cesaro let one of the Hardyz escape and just beat up the other. Why doesn't Matt let one of them escape to even the odds?) and the ending being poorly executed (it was painfully obvious Sheamus and Cesaro were stalling when their method of escape was 100 times quicker). The cane match was a match worthy of the feud.

The 205 matches were fine, but the tag match was pure filler, and the title match was Neville winning again. He needs to move on from Aries now. ideally, he needed to drop the title and move up the card again, cause he's wasted in the division right now.

There was just so much on the show that frustrated me on so many levels :/

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Bayley should just walk out of the company the way she's being booked is mind boggling , since CM Punk left don't think there's anyone in WWE now who questions them or says no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got called into work last night and missed the ppv :( but sounds like i didnt miss much

hopefully this is the start of something for Joe. I knw hes not winning it at GBOF cause
    Strowman is due back and its him vs Brock at summerslam

watching the rest now,the arena looks so small

Bayley should just walk out of the company the way she's being booked is mind boggling , since CM Punk left don't think there's anyone in WWE now who questions them or says no

Doubt she's that financially well off that she can tell WWE feck off!

Also, while the character is dumb as bricks, she probably sells a lot of merch to little kids so she might not mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Neil3030 wrote: »

Didn't see the preshow but I understand there was a great spot involving a asai moonsault into a dropkick, must go check that out.

Miz v Ambrose was a solid match. I liked the finish, and how they didn't go with the obvious Maryse DQ.

The mixed tag was decent filler with a nice finish - Banks hitting the double knees on Dar setting him up for the Phoenix splash.

Bliss v Bayley was unusually short, I wonder if one of them picked up an injury. That said, it's kind of logical that Alexa got the stick, bashed Bayley with it, and won quickly. If nothing else it got the stick over!

The Cage match was fairly meh, but the crowd really bit into it, and I'm curious if the result will eventually lead to a Broken angle.

I also really enjoyed the Neville v Aries match, even though the crowd were not into it at all. They were given time, which surprised me (and again makes me wonder if the Bayley Bliss match was shorter than expected).

And the main event was great fun, everyone looked good, Finn continues to earn legitimacy with the big boys, and a finish that doesn't hurt him in the slightest.

Have to say it was one of the better recent shows for me.

I've watched very little WWE in recent times but if that was one of the better shows I'd hate to see what is considered outright bad cos that was one of the worst wrestling shows I've watched this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I enjoyed the main event and the cage match had some nice moments. Other than that it wasn't great. Finn showed up well in the main event, looked like he belonged and he had the crowd on his side. Bit strange that nearly all the matches ended with the heels winning, except Sasha and Swann which was essentially a meaningless match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I thought the paperview was ok. I enjoyed it more than Backlash. Mainly because of the strong ending.
    Didn't think Samoa Joe was going over. Marked out when he won.

The Kendo stick match as ****e. Bayley winning would have made more sense. Cage match was fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The maddest thing about that event for me is that it was shorter than a normal episode of Raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's ridiculous that those 5 were fighting for a contendership the champ hasn't been seen since Wrestlemania why do they do this its infuriating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Fighting for the chance to lose in a 5 minute match

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Fighting for the chance to lose in a 5 minute match

A tune-up match for Summerslam, get rid of some ring-rust. That's all it is, nothing more.

Absolute state of Raw at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Could be a good match. Samoa Joe Vs. Lesnar. It doesn't have to be long as well.

I don't mind Lesnar not being around. Less is more, so many of the talents are over exposed. I mean it makes no logical sense for Raw who are competing against Smackdown in the ratings or so we are told to have its biggest draw only appear at the PPVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really just have no interest in brock anymore whoever he's against which is sad to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's little to get excited about with WWE today, but if you asked anyone over the past 10-15 years if they'd like to see Lesnar v Joe they'd have bitten your hand off

I'm gonna look forward to it because there's little else to get excited about, why not get excited for this whatever it will end up being it will be but it could be fantastic so glass half full