Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Got 1 island (Johns) done and dayyyum that felt like a whole game in itself lol
    I am beginning to think I may grow tired during the second island the game is just tooo damm big lol

I’m moving onto faiths island now anyways see how gos

Just got a John Wick nod doing a Guy Marvel mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Before going to Jacobs region, I went to Faiths for the prepper stash to unlock that unique muscle car, with it. I heard guy marvel somewhere but can't remember, must look into that.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Before going to Jacobs region, I went to Faiths for the prepper stash to unlock that unique muscle car, with it. I heard guy marvel somewhere but can't remember, must look into that.

It's east of the Jail.

Hurk just ran over Boomer!!

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/980220049993629696?s=19

Also, Jess crashed her helicopter stealing my kill. Doink!

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/980221082165751810?s=19

• Advertisement

Had a youtube channel message me and ask for permission to use my clip I posted earlier, now I feel like a proper bad ass :)

Had a youtube channel message me and ask for permission to use my clip I posted earlier, now I feel like a proper bad ass :)

What's the channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ive been playing on hard but thinking of dropping down to normal. Its just kind of ridiculous how many enemies can turn up at any given time and with heavy hardware.

We were just clearing out a puzzle bunker (forget what they're called now) and getting attacked by wave after wave of dudes with sniper rifles, automatics and fricken rpg's, and all of this on a little dirt road in the middle of no where. And its so unforgiving, more often than not im getting killed whilst driving a vehicle.

It seems to me that they've taken a step or two backwards with regards to how the world works.

One of the reasons i gave up playing FC2 was because of how soon the checkpoints respawned enemies and this feels very much like that.

Its odd, because they addressed that particular problem in 3 so i wonder why they felt that they should return to pressuring players into gun fights all the time, it gets tedious.

I cant comment on FC4 as i didnt play it so i dont know if it was the same.

I think ill just blast through the story get my moneys worth and trade in next week while i can still get a good price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Clutch Nixon challenges are killing me. If I fly into a mountain with the wing suit one more time, turning up the camera speed seems to help, actually had to play bloodborne to relax.
    The quad one was easy but annoying at one point it started to tip, through sheer heroics I got it righted and ran into a fcuking moose!
    Cheeseburger is awesome I'd bonded with Boomer by the time I got him but then found a perk where you get two helpers. Running round like a pack of wild animals now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Clutch Nixon challenges are killing me. If I fly into a mountain with the wing suit one more time, turning up the camera speed seems to help, actually had to play bloodborne to relax.
    The quad one was easy but annoying at one point it started to tip, through sheer heroics I got it righted and ran into a fcuking moose!
    Cheeseburger is awesome I'd bonded with Boomer by the time I got him but then found a perk where you get two helpers. Running round like a pack of wild animals now.

Is there a trophy for those challenges ?

• Advertisement

Is there a trophy for those challenges ?

Complete one in each region, handy out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Complete one in each region, handy out.

Just one ? sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Shot the pilot out of a plane last night as it was flying towards me on a straffing run.

Plane decided to fall from the sky and land on top of me.

I survived

I just punched a bear after taking the super strong medicine and can't stop laughing, he went flying!

I just punched a bear after taking the super strong medicine and can't stop laughing, he went flying!

Remember that when it comes to doing the trophies for a melee and barefist kill on a bull and bison ;)

Remember that when it comes to doing the trophies for a melee and barefist kill on a bull and bison ;)

Got them both this evening, flipping hilarious!

Official site has a great map showing absolutely everything you want and you can show/hide what you want. Hunting, fishing, collectibles, missions, etc.

https://far-cry.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/game-info/world-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

This game is 9/10 for me. Absolute time sink in the best way possible. I love the world of hope County the world is so alive and anything can happen at any moment. Delighted I went with gold edition for the future dlc.

I'm looking forward to the live events they have planned and the unique rewards that go with them. I'd say they will be a good excuse for co-op as well if it's just to reach certain kills, hunts, or certain missions.

Also, the Whitetail loading screen and music is so relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I love how random the game is.

Its brilliant but also a PITA.

Id be on the way to a mission and something would catch my eye, 2hours later I'm on a different path doing something completely different. :pac:

• Advertisement

I think the only real criticism I have is how much it takes to put most of the wildlife down. IRL a full clip should cover you in most cases not 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Kind of conflicted needed a moose skin for 3 perk points, had arrows in one, it's limping, I'm chasing out in the open, It turns and faces me in all it's majesty and charges. Haven't felt this bad since I bazooked an elephant in Far Cry 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I've put a couple of hours in and I'm having a good bit of fun even though as others said it can be a pain sometimes with the random spawning and wonky ai.

Driving down a road in rural montana in a muscle car with John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom Boom on the radio was really enjoyable :D Although the cars seem to be painfully slow.

The wildlife are pretty feisty. I went to talk to an npc only to see him get brutalised by a turkey and half my deaths have gone something like " Oh look a beaver, oh it's a wolveri-" and I'm dead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In Tweaks area go behind the last building on the street.

You are welcome:)

Surprised too see my game play time is only 14 hours, thought it would be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I think my game may be broken, I've completed the lamb if god Mission and have grace as a gun for hire.

But its still on the map and won't go away even after I've killed seed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

recyclops wrote: »
    I think my game may be broken, I've completed the lamb if god Mission and have grace as a gun for hire.

But its still on the map and won't go away even after I've killed seed

Yeah I have that too. As much as I do like the game its getting very repetitive very fast....and just at the end of it. All that capture and hallucinations business is terrible, was okay the 1st time but come on........

I bought the DLC edition gonna trade it in as soon as I am finished the story.

First live event starting tomorrow until the 10th, called 'Well Done'. Unlock unique rewards for individual and community goals. I'm guessing the flamethrower might be involved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »
    I've a horrible suspicion I've figured out the end, based on a comment in the game by a villain combined with a sound track song. Guess I've still a boatload of hours to go to see whether or not I'm disappointed.

I was about 90% right on the ending. And I'm glad I refrained from even speculating on it publicly, or I'd be very unpopular around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I gave the arcade mode a go today.

I didn't like the multiplayer at all but the single player missions are good enough once you filter out all the 50 zombies in fog maps.

I got a muscle car for doing one of the clutch nixon stunts and that seems to drive normally but the cars I find still seem to drive half as fast as their speed in reverse so it must be a glitch.

Advertisement