Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

weiland79 wrote: »
    Couple of almost game breaking bugs for me. First one was right at the start so didnt mind too much having to restart.
    Second one is the mission atonement. Everytime i die i respawn outside the church in a trucks turret. The npc spawns at the far end of town and takes her sweet time jogging down to me. Sonetimes she makes it but mostly not and i get a mission failed message.

That the one of her telling u to get on the turret?? Took absolutely ages to get to me, thought id have to restart too! Thankfully she got in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've about 30k in cash and no idea what to spend it on.

I've an ACR with a decent red dot and silencer, a bow with a sight or the sniper rifle you get from the Golden Edition download and I switch between the magnum and Uzi then for the 3rd slot.

I did buy an outfit alright, even though you don't see it on.

I've bought a jetski but haven't gone near the cars/truck/helicopters mods, as I usually walk everywhere.

Whats everyone else spending their cash on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

There's a trophy for spending 50 g's on clothes if that interests you ?:pac

Apart from that just weapons and their attachments. Haven't bought any vehicles yet.

50k on clothes. :o

Jaysus, I think ill leave that trophy until towards the end anyway.

Ya, i managed to get a trophy to pop for picking up all attachments on a sniper rifle, I was trying to fit a silencer and bought both types available by mistake.

I've not looked at the trophy list yet anyway, I usually try to get a play through done before I look at finishing off trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's 1k I think on clothes, 50k on vehicles.

I dunno what the reports were about at launch with most of the weapons being locked still at the end of the game and giving that they wanted you to buy them with real money. Anything locked I've seen is because it wants you to either best bosses or get higher levels of resistance with no option to buy outright. Prestige items that use real money (silver bars) can be paid with in-game cash as well. Plus I have found a fair few silver bar stashes in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What's the verdict on this loved far cry 3 wasn't gone on the last few though

What's the verdict on this loved far cry 3 wasn't gone on the last few though

Excellent. I loved Far cry 3, found far cry 4 boring. 5 is a breath of fresh air, lots of fun, zip in and out gameplay but has that 'one more mission, oh it's 3am' feel. Highly recommend it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Excellent. I loved Far cry 3, found far cry 4 boring. 5 is a breath of fresh air, lots of fun, zip in and out gameplay but has that 'one more mission, oh it's 3am' feel. Highly recommend it.

Been there all too often the last week, at least 3 nights of 1-2am gaming sessions wandering around the map.

No hours wasted mind you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have well over 100k, reckon i spent more on ammo for the chopper than anything else.

The arcade is a great idea but sadly those fog maps with 150 Zombies are the only challenge for 2 players. It is really easy to complete almost all COOP maps, there needs a few modifiers other than every enemy is a double VIP to make it challenging.

I feel slightly different, as i said before i feel it's a bit of a step backwards from 3. I don't like that there enemies everywhere, all the time. It doesn't feel like you've done any good or made any difference with all the killing.

Someone mentioned above that the enemy levels decrease after you take an outpost but i can't say that it's something that I've noticed.

It would feel much more natural if enemies where slowly replaced by resistance fighters as you progressed through an area, gradually chasing them fully out like whipped dogs:pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah I found they spawned too much but I've found myself looking for patrols on the road to cause some havoc on my 3rd region.

Live event looks to be starting around 6pm GMT, interested to see what it will be. I'm gonna go for the platinum once I have the game cleared.

Yeah I found they spawned too much but I've found myself looking for patrols on the road to cause some havoc on my 3rd region.

So you're saying shut up and blow Sh1t up?

Got it! :)

I've only cleared 2 outposts without triggering alarms.

I've left proximity mines and remote mines everywhere and sit back and watch the carnage.

Mainly because I'm terrible at the stealth aspect of FC5, it was much easier in FC3, I found.

That or I just want to be reckless. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Couple of almost game breaking bugs for me. First one was right at the start so didnt mind too much having to restart.
    Second one is the mission atonement. Everytime i die i respawn outside the church in a trucks turret. The npc spawns at the far end of town and takes her sweet time jogging down to me. Sonetimes she makes it but mostly not and i get a mission failed message.

I just had an awful time with that mission too.

Spoilers for the mission you do once you get John's liberation meter filled.
    I was at the point where you shoot him in his plane and it randomly decided I was outside the mission area even though I was right behind him. It respawned me because of that. I was still in the plane except it put me in some random spot on the ground with the plane stuck between two trees.

I manage to hit him and then when he's parachuting down I shoot him and hit him with the plane and it doesn't react until suddenly it plays a cutscene with J John on the ground coughing :confused:

My playstyle in 3 was full stealth. Fully sure on this I would be sticking with the bow and using Jess but my last few hours of play having been riding around with hurl using a rocket launcher. Still silently taking out outposts but blowing **** up slowly is so much fun in this :)

My playstyle in 3 was full stealth. Fully sure on this I would be sticking with the bow and using Jess but my last few hours of play having been riding around with hurl using a rocket launcher. Still silently taking out outposts but blowing **** up slowly is so much fun in this :)

I've only managed to unlock peaches, boomer and sharky so far.

If im going for the stealth approach I'll bring the animals, but Sharky is usually good for lighting the place up when needed and providing decent fire power.

I have done an outpost full stealth without their help, sometimes they just get in the way or in Sharkys case, get caught sneaking around and drawing all the fire to where I was. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, so i've finished Johns area and i'm already having the Far Cry samesies. I don't know if this will be able to hold my attention till the end. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable, but there is too much emphasis on co-op even if it's just with the AI. I'm a solo player, so even taking AI partners is not something I usually do. I've been trying without, and I'm getting killed, a lot. Doesn't happen when I have someone with me, which makes me believe the game is pushing you towards having help.

Spoilers for Johns story/ending:
    It was a bit much to be drugged and taken 3 times. First time, believable, second time not so much, 3rd time was a joke. I hope this doesn't repeat itself, or Father will have some serious explaining to do as to why he didn't just kill him, like he does hundreds of others. Same with the parachute part, hit him dead on 3 times before he hit the ground, propellors into the face, and still he didn't die until I landed and shot him in the face.

I dunno, it's still very Far Cry, but there's way less emphasis on stealth and blatant emphasis on blowing everything up. But I don't think it's doing anything different from the last 4 at this stage (2, 3, 4 and Primal). It's beautiful, plays well, and the story isn't the worst (so far, aside from my one point spoilered above). Father is a good character, but I don't know if he can sustain it till the end. It's like they're trying to make Far Cry: Just Cause, but it's not as fun. It's like it wants to go balls out (testy festy) but try to stay real at the same time, which Just Cause got right by making sure you don't believe any of it is real at any point.

Again, I believe the DLC will make this game. Far Cry, as Blood Dragon has proven, is better in crazy unrealistic situations, and the Zombie & Mars DLC will show this I'd say. No interest in co-op, as much as the game wants me to be, and I don't think i'll be doing the MP either.

I'm gonna stick with it for now, but I can see it being traded in on the 20th for GoW.

So the live event is kill 20 animals with either flamethrower or Molotov to unlock a unique flamethrower. If the community gets 150k kills, you get a cool looking skin for your character.... Which would be better if you could see it and so wouldn't be on every one's character in multiplayer. Bit of a meh event.

https://www.psu.com/news/join-first-far-cry-5-live-event-today/

Is it not set fire tothem without using Molotov or Flamethrower? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GavRedKing wrote: »
    What's everyone else spending their cash on?

The guided rocket launcher is handy for helicopters and planes. I've only about 30K too, earning cash is a little slow but not terrible. Bought the Custom AR, Barret 50 cal Sniper and AR. Bought a plane and then found out it had no guns.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is it not set fire tothem without using Molotov or Flamethrower? :confused:

That's what I thought from their tweet, not very clear. I'm guessing it will say precisely when you throw on the game, hopefully.

Just did it, its very easy.

Dont use Molotov of Flamethrower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

All islands liberated
    How long is the father's final misson/island less than an hour?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

biggebruv wrote: »
    All islands liberated
    How long is the father's final misson/island less than an hour?

Barely 5 minutes, it's not full of things like the other regions.

Spear wrote: »
    Barely 5 minutes, it's not full of things like the other regions.

DONE

Great game but suffers from the usual open world problems repetitive mission structures
    And the repetitive nature of the 3 leader missions on each island.

Liberating the 1st big island was the game at it's peak the other islands all seem to mesh together and game takes on a same old feel.

Am not fussed about holding onto it to do sidemissions and leftover prepper stash missions

I will trade in now just have to wait for god of war lol

Pretty much sums up my thoughts biggebruv I'm not finished yet but nearing the end of Jackob's area then on to the end.

I stopped doing outposts and anything not a main mission about midway through the Faith area unless I needed to in order to get points to progress.

The missions for the most part are decent fun but you are 100% on the money in saying Johns area was the game at it's best.

Getting drugged and abducted over and over just so you can have face time with the bad guys got old after the 2nd time though I think theres an actual point to it on Jacobs area.

I did like working out some of the pepper stashes though.

Faiths island is definitely getting tedious. The fetch quest from the doc is annoying as ****, just want very to get full resistance now to take on faith and move onto Joseph.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I won't be happy until I own a bright pink helicopter.

Faiths island is definitely getting tedious. The fetch quest from the doc is annoying as ****, just want very to get full resistance now to take on faith and move onto Joseph.

I skipped that mission did the first part then he said go out and get another set of animal skins so I said f"**k this lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

biggebruv wrote: »
    I skipped that mission did the first part then he said go out and get another set of animal skins so I said f"**k this lol

That one pissed me off, and I ignored it for ages too. The skins can come from anywhere, but they don't count as quest items, so you can accidentally sell them with the other junk, resetting the progress without realising.

The other quest to roadkill animals was also really annoying and misjudged.

Advertisement