Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im sick of being a woman!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

nikpmup wrote: »
    Yep.

Although, last month, I took some of my OH's difene cos paracetamol is crap, and I had practically no pain, and much reduced flow. Thought it was just one of those things, but a bit of googling threw up a few links where diclofenac sodium reducing blood flow/heaviness as well as pain. Took some more yesterday and today and voila.... Less blood, a lot less pain. I'm off to my GP to ask why I've never been told this before?! I know difene isn't great for your stomach, but two/three pills a month... I can live with that.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7028529/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

The one blessing that comes with getting older is lighter periods. I remember being doubled over on my hands and knees with pain and nausea thinking if this is the milder version of labour there is no bloody way in hell I'm having kids. The funny thing is whilst the cramps were awful, and could last for a couple of days I never got the mood swings that other women seemed to get......until now, well into my thirties?! So I've traded one horrible symptom for another. I do regret not going to my gp about it when I was younger, I endured far too much unecessary pain than i should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Daisy78 wrote: »
    The one blessing that comes with getting older is lighter periods. I remember being doubled over on my hands and knees with pain and nausea thinking if this is the milder version of labour there is no bloody way in hell I'm having kids. The funny thing is whilst the cramps were awful, and could last for a couple of days I never got the mood swings that other women seemed to get......until now, well into my thirties?! So I've traded one horrible symptom for another. I do regret not going to my gp about it when I was younger, I endured far too much unecessary pain than i should have.
    My periods got much lighter and shorter and pain free in my 30. Couldn't understand why I had put up with what I had done for years. Guess with nothing to compare with you assume this is normal.

Now, in my mid 40s, my periods are heavier and longer than ever before. Mood swings too. Peri Menopause apparently. Never heard of this til I mentioned the changed periods to a Dr. My body is preparing for Menopause. It's like puberty in reverse. Truly awful. I'm still getting a monthly period. No sign of irregularity yet. Not a good candidate for pill or minerva. Never thought I'd be looking forward to the Menopause but honestly just want to get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Moanyhole

Is there anything I can take for PMS mood swings.

I was on the mirena for 5 years and I was fine. Came off it a couple of months ago and I am getting progressively worse moods. Im on the mini pill as I am 38 now.

Its just this horrendous feeling of overwhelming anger, frustration and psychopathic rage.

I didnt want to go back on the Mirena, but feel I wont have an option if things dont settle for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil supplements? Some people also swear by Starflower but I;ve only tried EPO myself and it did the trick when I needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Moanyhole

Ill go over and get a bottle at lunch time.

Hopefully it will work.

Thank you.

EPO is great, but Starflower oil is like turbo EPO for me and is more effective. Everyone's different though, whatever you get I hope it works for you. It's no fun being turned into another person by your hormones every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Flower124

I love my period. I am having it right now and I feel so naturally, womanly and healthy.
    Like all women I have struggled with it in the past. I am a firm believer that thoughts effect your life. I remember when I was young every woman around me and most media around me told me how pad painful and awful periods are. If you think of it, wasn't it true? I had incredibly painful periods in my twenties. When I got older and I went to a few countries where they have different health practices, I began to really educate myself.
    I remember one time on a holiday I was sick( not from a period) and was lying there nauseous. I noticed that when I thought of something upsetting I felt more nauseous, and when I thought of something peaceful, I felt less nauseous. I realised the power of my thoughts over my body.

I began researching menstruation. That many ancient traditions regarded a woman's menstruation as an incredible powerful time, where she was powerful, insightful and sensitive to nature and the Earth. Some civilizations asked women to make decisions during this time.

I began to change my thoughts about my period from: it is bad, shameful,awkward, painful, why do I have to suffer to: it is important, powerful, feminine, natural, beautiful, insightful. My pain absolutely stopped and I enjoy my periods now.

I also did other research. A woman told me that she had heard that tampons make women bleed longer so that women buy more tampons. This is just a rumour, it is not proven, but again I experimented with this. I bled two days less when I did not use tampons, coming down from 7 days to 4 -5 days. Now I never use them.

I honestly enjoy my period now. I had to change my thoughts about them. I would reccomend: question what you are told. Research your own period, and you can make it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Flower124 wrote: »
    I began researching menstruation. That many ancient traditions regarded a woman's menstruation as an incredible powerful time, where she was powerful, insightful and sensitive to nature and the Earth. Some civilizations asked women to make decisions during this time.
    There is a reason why those civilizations are ancient and not current. :D

Ok I am joking but I do think too much is implied about menstruation. It's a biological process, sometimes annoying, sometimes joyful (ask those who are worried about getting pregnant) but there really isn't much more to it.

If you think about it, who makes money from the more tampons that they sell? Pharmeceutical companies.
    Yes, there is talk going around that there is a chemical put into tampons to make women bleed longer and buy more tampons, thus making more sales for the pharmeceutical companies.
    Do you think that their primary aim is to look after women, or to make money?

Women didn't always use tampons.

Do whatever is good for you. In my experience ,I tested the theory and I bleed two days less without tampons, so I am never using them again.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/well/live/period-activists-want-tampon-makers-to-disclose-ingredients.amp.html

Another angle. Women are protesting to get tampon makers to disclose exactly what chemicals are in tampons, so we know exactly what chemicals we are inserting right up inside our bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If you think about it, who makes money from the more tampons that they sell? Pharmeceutical companies.
    Yes, there is talk going around that there is a chemical put into tampons to make women bleed longer and buy more tampons, thus making more sales for the pharmeceutical companies.

Do whatever is good for you. In my experience ,I tested the theory and I bleed two days less without tampons, so I am never using them again.

Use a mooncup. Same principal as a tampon, same benefits but you buy one and have it forever.

eviltwin wrote: »

Use a mooncup. Same principal as a tampon, same benefits but you buy one and have it forever.

Yes, I am definitelty thinking of getting one. :)

Actually I tested the theory and I bleed less after years of using tampons. I'm also getting older and using different contraception than I used to but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. No, nada. It's tampons. :D:D

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everyone bleeds the same weather using the tampons or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I find my period seems shorter if I use tampons. I’ve always put it down to a close-to-source absorbtion effect.

And about those ancient civilisations: quite a lot of them saw periods as a curse, evil, and treated menstruating women as if they were diseased. Some ancient cultures still around today kick women out of the house and force them to sleep in sheds when they have their period. Ancient cultures often aren’t all that great.

Some civilizations asked women to make decisions during this time.

I make decisions every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Years ago, I was in Rhodes. I was not allowed to enter the church (You know, the one that was in the news recently...) as I was on. You can't enter mosques, temples or synagogues when menstruating either.

Years ago, I was in Rhodes. I was not allowed to enter the church (You know, the one that was in the news recently...) as I was on. You can't enter mosques, temples or synagogues when menstruating either.

How would people know? Do you have to produce a used tampon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bloodhounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Was there any need for that?

The tour guide told us before going in. Out of respect, I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The only benefit of being a man is probably the ability to urinate everywhere more discreetly

Was there any need for that?

The tour guide told us before going in. Out of respect, I didn't.

Ah I thought you might have took issue with that rule and was curious as to how it would be implemented is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

So period....have you decided you're not going to turn up atall this month or what??
    Nearly 2 weeks late and scaring the bejesus out of me! Good one!

....hurry up already will ya!?

Advertisement