Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variance between old and new land registry

Options
  • 22-05-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

A small issue has cropped up in the sale of a house, I'm asking on boards as our solicitor has queried it with me and it worried of the consequences.
    With regard to old land registry paperwork, who owns the land under the black line. Going by land direct there is a patch of land to the rear of the house that is not ours, but on the old paperwork with is part of the black line around the site. Also on the land registry site, it shows that the site overlaps the road, all of the above affect 4 houses on the 1 stretch.

I also had a look on the planning map for the council where it shows planning permission and another map on the council site for development plans, both show a difference to what is on the land direct site. Could it be that there is an error on the land direct site and how difficult is it to get it corrected.

Advertisement