Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sub €300 Android device

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone know if it's possible to get new One Plus X or 2/3 anywhere? Not on their website and mainly used ones on Amazon!

Also has there been any general consensus of the top 3 value for money phones under 300.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I got a Very good condition open box LG G5 from Amazon Italy for €180 delivered. Well worth checking the Amazon Warehouses on the continent (Germany, Italy, France, Spain etc.) for phones as there does be some super deals there. The phone is virtually like new bar a couple of dents to the box and having no charger (irreverent as it would be 2 pin anyway).

EDIT: Just to say, these open box phones are sold direct by Amazon, not marketplace sellers. Theyre phones that are returned like unwanted gifts or change of minds with good discounts. Amazon give a 24 month warranty like normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've a mad notion to buy an LG Flex 2 again.
    The last one I had, when the phone was new, was gorgeous but it turned out to be the asian model and had lousy 4g reception and the gps appeared ropey.
    I'm just off contract now and there's nothing out there that appeals, but a little €140 Flex 2 might be just the ticket for the next few months.
    I'm running Android O at the moment though on my loaner Nexus 6p... thinking the drop to Marshmallow might be rough!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've a mad notion to buy an LG Flex 2 again.
    The last one I had, when the phone was new, was gorgeous but it turned out to be the asian model and had lousy 4g reception and the gps appeared ropey.
    I'm just off contract now and there's nothing out there that appeals, but a little €140 Flex 2 might be just the ticket for the next few months.
    I'm running Android O at the moment though on my loaner Nexus 6p... thinking the drop to Marshmallow might be rough!

Snapdragon 810. Qualcomm's worst chip for a good few years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Basil3 wrote: »
    Snapdragon 810. Qualcomm's worst chip for a good few years.

I vaguely recall it heating up significantly in use, but it's a while since I had one.
    I think I had more problems with the Nexus 6 I followed it with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭thomasj

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I vaguely recall it heating up significantly in use, but it's a while since I had one. I think I had more problems with the Nexus 6 I followed it with.

Phones with the 810 had terrible battery life. I remember Samsung for their US edition of the note 4 chose the SD 805 instead of the 810.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I vaguely recall it heating up significantly in use, but it's a while since I had one.
    I think I had more problems with the Nexus 6 I followed it with.

You can argue the 810 put a MASSIVE dent in the Xperia line sales for Sony after the catastrophic problems with the Z3+ mainly due to the 810.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

thomasj wrote:
    Phones with the 810 had terrible battery life. I remember Samsung for their US edition of the note 4 chose the SD 805 instead of the 810.

Tinie wrote:
    You can argue the 810 put a MASSIVE dent in the Xperia line sales for Sony after the catastrophic problems with the Z3+ mainly due to the 810.

These are all true although the performance was great on my G Flex 2. It was a strange and rare phone. For 140e it's a bargain, even if you do need to charge it twice a day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wasn't one of hte OnePlus phones based on the 810 (the OP2?), and they solved all the overheating problems and battery issues through a combination of heat dissipation throughout the handset and software? Never owned one, but I remember reading a review last year... anyway, just to say that the 810 was not necessarily the kiss of death to every phone it wnet into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I see that the moto g5s and g5s plus have finally announced.
    Hopefully that'll have an impact on the price of the g5 plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi all, I'm looking for a new phone, have had a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 which has been great but the OH has lost his so I am upgrading mine. I am always running out of space and am finding it troublesome to move a lot of the apps to sd card or to save downloaded files to sd card through showbox or similar.
    My budget is a max of €350 really and don't want to go daft. I have been looking at moto z, moto g5 plus and a couple of the blu phones.
    I'd like a decent camera and I also think a dual sim would be handy but not a deal breaker, I also like the sound of turbo chargers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

thinking of getting the LG V20, most people here seem to be buying from eglobal has any purchased from OneDigitals Ireland, are they reputable? showing 298 euro on their site

OneDigitals Ireland V20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Casshern88 wrote: »
    thinking of getting the LG V20, most people here seem to be buying from eglobal has any purchased from OneDigitals Ireland, are they reputable? showing 298 euro on their site

OneDigitals Ireland V20

Best avoid. There is very little info about them but what I found on here is not good. Do a search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭vectra

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for a new phone, have had a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 which has been great but the OH has lost his so I am upgrading mine. I am always running out of space and am finding it troublesome to move a lot of the apps to sd card or to save downloaded files to sd card through showbox or similar.
    My budget is a max of €350 really and don't want to go daft. I have been looking at moto z, moto g5 plus and a couple of the blu phones.
    I'd like a decent camera and I also think a dual sim would be handy but not a deal breaker, I also like the sound of turbo chargers

LG G6 from Eglobal.
    Or
    Short term.
    I have an as new Ultra6 for sale on adverts if you click my sig??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone else get the LG V20 from EGlobal and if so are you having issues with it not seeing what wi-fi even when the signal is good. Plus not very good phone signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Some shops on Adverts have HTC 10(349e) , Xperia XZ (349e) and Galaxy A5 2017(299e).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

highdef wrote: »
    Anyone else get the LG V20 from EGlobal and if so are you having issues with it not seeing what wi-fi even when the signal is good. Plus not very good phone signal?
    No problems with Wi-Fi for me, and signal is about the same as my old Honor 7.
    Did you try a factory reset in case it's anything to do with an app that's installed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭adam240610

deadl0ck wrote: »
    No problems with Wi-Fi for me, and signal is about the same as my old Honor 7.
    Did you try a factory reset in case it's anything to do with an app that's installed ?

Same as above for me

adam240610 wrote: »
    Same as above for me

Is there signal issues on phones ordered from eglobal?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭adam240610

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Is there signal issues on phones ordered from eglobal?

No problems at all with signal.
    I'm in Wicklow btw, worked fine in Lisbon last month too

• Advertisement

Where's the cheapest place to get one of those LG v20? Cheapest new on adverts 369... Thanks

rizzee wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to get one of those LG v20? Cheapest new on adverts 369... Thanks

EGlobal or eBay for about 320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Lg g6 reduced to 380 dollars now on eglobal.

EGlobal or eBay for about 320

Thanks. Seen them for 320 on eBay. Would they be subject to customs charges in both sites? Is eGlobal OK to deal with?

Thanks. Seen them for 320 on eBay. Would they be subject to customs charges in both sites? Is eGlobal OK to deal with?

Haven't used eGlobal but some have with no issues. Got my V20 on eBay for 320 odd

Haven't used eGlobal but some have with no issues. Got my V20 on eBay for 320 odd

Did you have to pay customs?

The ones for 320 are advertised as from Ireland but I'd be weary

Did you have to pay customs?

The ones for 320 are advertised as from Ireland but I'd be weary

Not that I'm aware of. I ordered mine from an Irish seller.

Not that I'm aware of. I ordered mine from an Irish seller.

Any chance you can pm me the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I remember seeing the V20 cheap on Amazon.es at one stage... Might be worth checking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I had a truly awful experience with eGlobal about a year ago. Shipment was fine but a return for a fault was beyond a nightmare. Took months to process a return and bananas amount of chasing their beyond useless CS.

Never want to deal with eGlobal again. Not keen buying off eBay either. Amazon.es have the V20 but it is 400 EUR.

Is there another recommended site for where to purchase the V20?

Thanks.

Advertisement