Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sub €300 Android device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

T-Bird wrote:
    Same. Cant find update online Grrr. I think its just a September security patch, all the other variants apart from the 990ds (our one) have the update already.

T-Bird wrote:
    8 hours and @ 20%.........

Yep, I'm up to 48% since 7am!

I was hoping for Oreo, but had a read online, it's a 920MB update. Looks to be a security.

Finger's are still crossed for Oreo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

hoosh1 wrote: »
    I ordered my V20 on the saturday of the bank holiday and it arrived the following Friday, delighted how quickly it arrived. Have loved it so far, display is really nice, audio is excellent and its really fast. Havent really tried the camera yet.

Has anyone bought any covers for it? I have a screen protector on it but would like something for the back. Any recommendations?
    I'm thinking either the Pleson Crystal Clear or the Sparin tough armour case on the following list:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-lg-v20-cases/2/

https://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Absorption-Resistant-Protection-Protector/dp/B01IRR0VCE
    Bought this one. Perfect. Best money could be spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Update is November security patch and improvments to usability...

T-Bird wrote:

Cheers, I'm guessing it will be 2018 for the V20, if it ever arrives..

• Advertisement

dinorebel wrote: »
    So my V20 arrived yesterday opened the box made sure it turned on then handed it back to my wife to be opened again Christmas morning:(

Lol you will get 2 incremental updates that will take until new year to install (sarcasm).

T-Bird wrote:

Mine's updated too. Not sure I can see any noticeable changes..

tedpan wrote: »
    Mine's updated too. Not sure I can see any noticeable changes..

Yeah mine just done now and seems same. I'd just be happy if the signal strength was a bit stronger. But seems to be same, as in no signal from my Sheldon Cooper seat ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

dinorebel wrote: »
    So my V20 arrived yesterday opened the box made sure it turned on then handed it back to my wife to be opened again Christmas morning:(

I have a Mi A1 arriving today that'll be the same job - check all is OK then handover until Christmas. Knowing Xiaomi, they'll be on version Mi A4 Pro Prime Note 79 by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I have a Mi A1 arriving today that'll be the same job - check all is OK then handover until Christmas. Knowing Xiaomi, they'll be on version Mi A4 Pro Prime Note 79 by then.

I started this thread a long while back, but never actually pulled the trigger. The Mi A1 does look like a great choice for the money.

• Advertisement

I started this thread a long while back, but never actually pulled the trigger. The Mi A1 does look like a great choice for the money.

Come on man you've been saying that for months! It's been ages since you started the thread! You need a new phone!!

Come on man you've been saying that for months! It's been ages since you started the thread! You need a new phone!!

I know! But my current phone has just about been surviving and money is tight. I'll accept any phone gifts anyone might have though!

I know! But my current phone has just about been surviving and money is tight. I'll accept any phone gifts anyone might have though!

Thats no excuse!!! I think I have bought a new phone (not the big over priced brands) every year for about 10 years now. Some of the peeps in the Chinese Android thread buy that many a year :D

T-Bird wrote:
    Thats no excuse!!! I think I have bought a new phone (not the big over priced brands) every year for about 10 years now. Some of the peeps in the Chinese Android thread buy that many a year

Understand both points, if money's tight, it's tough!

Somebody buy this guy a phone!!

Understand both points, if money's tight, it's tough!

Somebody buy this guy a phone!!

Agreed, that's why my phones have been Chinese mainly.

Ah ****e, just realised that the a1 doesn't have NFC. :(

Lots of the cheaper/Chinese handsets are missing NFC.

Ah ****e, just realised that the a1 doesn't have NFC. :(

Lots of the cheaper/Chinese handsets are missing NFC.

You're in luck. 262e Inc delivery, today only

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product-specs/30410/84897/motorola-moto-g5s-plus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well worth getting. I've had the G5s Plus for about a month now and absolutely love it. Fine phone for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

What are the odds of eglobal slashing the price of the V20 on Black Friday?

What are the odds of eglobal slashing the price of the V20 on Black Friday?

Really doubt it, they advertise black Friday sales, but they're basically made up. The price has been going up and down around the 3-350 mark. I'd just buy it when it gets back to around 300e. You'll have to watch it daily unfortunately..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Cheers.

It looks like a great phone. Is it still the best option for around the 300 mark?

I'm not interested in Chinese jobs and I don't like the Motorola.

Have been looking at the Xperia XA1 but not sure. The camera looks decent

The V20's a fantastic phone for the money with excellent specs, if you're not interested in Chinese phones it's your only choice.

Different league, the XA1 only has a 720p screen, with very basic specs(apart from the cam) for the money.

Just have a look on gsmarena

Cheers.

It looks like a great phone. Is it still the best option for around the 300 mark?

I am away in Lisbon at the moment and have to say that it has been excellent. Solid signal and GPS is so accurate. Cannot fault it.

The fast charger does not work properly, it must be the weak current at this location. But thats not the phones fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Is the battery of V20 up to scratch? Seems to reviewed negatively in a few places. Otherwise it seems ideal.

Considering buying it for someone who wont really have access to a charger during their working day....

Trond wrote:
    Is the battery of V20 up to scratch? Seems to reviewed negatively in a few places. Otherwise it seems ideal.

Trond wrote:
    Considering buying it for someone who wont really have access to a charger during their working day....

It really depends on usage, the battery saver works well. Lots of videos and gaming will drain the battery, but you should easily last a day with average usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

T-Bird wrote: »
    I am away in Lisbon at the moment and have to say that it has been excellent. Solid signal and GPS is so accurate. Cannot fault it.

The fast charger does not work properly, it must be the weak current at this location. But thats not the phones fault.

edited to remove irrelevant post.

Any recommendations for a non-Chinese phone? I just don't like the chance of it being caught by customs.

and only in gold - horrific colour imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Anyone buy from eglobal and how do you rate it?

Do they deliver from China and do you have to pay customs?

Seem to be very good prices so must be a catch somewhere?

• Advertisement

Anyone buy from eglobal and how do you rate it?

Do they deliver from China and do you have to pay customs?

Seem to be very good prices so must be a catch somewhere?

No catch, customs charges are included. So many boardsies have used them. I've never had an issue although sometimes they are slow if an item is out of stock. Also their customer support is pretty crappy but I've ordered so many times I'm used to deliveries sometimes taking upto 4 weeks. Always pay with PayPal to be safe.

Advertisement