Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sub €300 Android device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I got mine for 145. Delivered to pm so should have it in 2 weeks max. Hopefully no customs to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

RossieMan wrote: »
    I got mine for 145. Delivered to pm so should have it in 2 weeks max. Hopefully no customs to boot.

That's good, international/global version?

global version, 4GB version too.

Hopefully it'll do me a couple of years, the note 2 was great so hopefuly this will continue my Xiaomi run of devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

RossieMan wrote: »
    global version, 4GB version too.

Hopefully it'll do me a couple of years, the note 2 was great so hopefuly this will continue my Xiaomi run of devices.

You'll do well to get it in two weeks and without customs. Fingers crossed for ya!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Seemingly, my V20 is in now in the UK, but the tracking hasn't updated since Thursday. Grr.

• Advertisement

eoinzy2000 wrote:
    You'll do well to get it in two weeks and without customs. Fingers crossed for ya!

2 weeks is a long time going to the UK to be honest, I'll almost expect it next week everything going well. Customs seems to be a lot more lax in the UK as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Seemingly, my V20 is in now in the UK, but the tracking hasn't updated since Thursday. Grr.

Annoying. Mine arrived yesterday. Class phone. Nothing touches it for less than 350e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

tedpan wrote: »
    Annoying. Mine arrived yesterday. Class phone. Nothing touches it for less than 350e

Did u take insured postage or normal?

Did u take insured postage or normal?

Normal. There's no difference. Also, make sure you use a discount code. They're always popping up on the site

tedpan wrote: »
    Normal. There's no difference. Also, make sure you use a discount code. They're always popping up on the site

Why is there no difference?

• Advertisement

Why is there no difference?

They are both tracked and insured delivery. I have used both, no difference

did you get the phone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

did you get the phone?

Yes, indeed. Haven't set it up yet... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Gonna get that lg v20 tomorrow as well

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Mines currently in UK after coming travelling from Hong Kong via France.
    Will update everyone with my experience of buying the V20 from EGlobal when I receive the phone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Mine's in Port Laoise at the moment. There's sure going to be a few V20s around for a market where it's not available

Have it ordered now too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

My son got a delivery yesterday, A Bluboo Maya Max 6" Android Smartphone, it was €146 with shipping from EU.

I spoke to him today, and he said he was very very happy with this phone, see review below.

Worth a look,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

satguy wrote: »
    My son got a delivery yesterday, A Bluboo Maya Max 6" Android Smartphone, it was €146 with shipping from EU.

I spoke to him today, and he said he was very very happy with this phone, see review below.

Worth a look,
    where did you get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

smilerf wrote: »
    where did you get it

The v20 is down to €318 now.
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-v20-h990-dual-sim-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-titan.html
    Very tempting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

smilerf wrote: »
    where did you get it

Amazon,, if you watch the vid on the YT page there is a link to that phone.

317 now :)

312 if you use this code

justmob599

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Samsung s4 available for 200 euro on Amazon. New unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Samsung s4 available for 200 euro on Amazon. New unlocked.

that's a very old phone - where are they getting the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

You could probably pick up an Nexus 6p for under €300, the best phone i've ever had and a year and half later still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Stacksey wrote: »
    You could probably pick up an Nexus 6p for under €300, the best phone i've ever had and a year and half later still going strong

Maybe second hand or refurb they are getting hard get and are still €450 plus new. It's a good phone but it's a generation behind with a 810 processor .

Decided against the xperia xz from Tesco got the €20 unlimited calls/text 15gb data from meteor. Reception is a little iffy at home on my Z3 compact but my wife is fine on her oneplus3 so need to change.

LG V20 from eglobal for €312 or MotoZ direct from moto UK for €335 look to be the best bang for buck. LG seems like the slightly better phone but I'm a bit wary of long delivery times or warranty issues with eglobal. Ordering from motorola will mean using parcel motel which actually suits me as I'm away on holidays in two weeks so afraid the phone won't be delivered before. At least with parcel motel I can get someone to pick it up for me. Might just wait to order so it comes after holidays but I'm tempted to take a gamble on delivery before then and order today.

Still considering stretching to the Oneplus5 or a xperia xz though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

Ryath wrote: »
    Maybe second hand or refurb they are getting hard get and are still €450 plus new. It's a good phone but it's a generation behind with a 810 processor .

Decided against the xperia xz from Tesco got the €20 unlimited calls/text 15gb data from meteor. Reception is a little iffy at home on my Z3 compact but my wife is fine on her oneplus3 so need to change.

LG V20 from eglobal for €312 or MotoZ direct from moto UK for €335 look to be the best bang for buck. LG seems like the slightly better phone but I'm a bit wary of long delivery times or warranty issues with eglobal. Ordering from motorola will mean using parcel motel which actually suits me as I'm away on holidays in two weeks so afraid the phone won't be delivered before. At least with parcel motel I can get someone to pick it up for me. Might just wait to order so it comes after holidays but I'm tempted to take a gamble on delivery before then and order today.

Still considering stretching to the Oneplus5 or a xperia xz though.

I just ordered a Moto Z a week or so ago from Amazon.de, its now €279 for the phone before delivery costs. It doesn't come with the speaker mod and style case Motorola UK are offering and presumably has a German charger, pretty good deal I think if your not into Chinese slowboat/potential issues with eglobal which I wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

farrelli wrote: »
    I just ordered a Moto Z a week or so ago from Amazon.de, its now €279 for the phone before delivery costs. It doesn't come with the speaker mod and style case Motorola UK are offering and presumably has a German charger, pretty good deal I think if your not into Chinese slowboat/potential issues with eglobal which I wasn't.

€389 with for the non girly colour! I'd pay the little extra for a UK/Irish charger to.

• Advertisement

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Mines currently in UK after coming travelling from Hong Kong via France.
    Will update everyone with my experience of buying the V20 from EGlobal when I receive the phone. :)

Any update?
    Mines in henton, uk at the moment.

Advertisement