Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sub €300 Android device

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

adam240610 wrote: »
    Any update?
    Mines in henton, uk at the moment.

Id love to know how long it takes from order to get to you all.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ryath wrote: »
    Maybe second hand or refurb they are getting hard get and are still €450 plus new. It's a good phone but it's a generation behind with a 810 processor .

Decided against the xperia xz from Tesco got the €20 unlimited calls/text 15gb data from meteor. Reception is a little iffy at home on my Z3 compact but my wife is fine on her oneplus3 so need to change.

LG V20 from eglobal for €312 or MotoZ direct from moto UK for €335 look to be the best bang for buck. LG seems like the slightly better phone but I'm a bit wary of long delivery times or warranty issues with eglobal. Ordering from motorola will mean using parcel motel which actually suits me as I'm away on holidays in two weeks so afraid the phone won't be delivered before. At least with parcel motel I can get someone to pick it up for me. Might just wait to order so it comes after holidays but I'm tempted to take a gamble on delivery before then and order today.

Still considering stretching to the Oneplus5 or a xperia xz though.

Blew the budget with the OP!. Very impressed big step up from my Z3 feels very slick. Android7 is bit different than what I'm used to but very intuitive. Had to pair my mum's S7 edge with her car Bluetooth yesterday didn't find that as logical. OP5 Maybe not worth the extra at minute over the V20 or MotoZ but hopefully in the long run it is for the newer processor and more RAM it might get updates for longer. LG v60 is starting to drop a bit in price might be tempting for some at €386 on eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Id love to know how long it takes from order to get to you all.thanks.

I'll let you know, advertised as 6-8 working days, ordered on the 20/6/17

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I haven't taken the plunge on a device yet... funds just haven't been there! Hopefully by the end of the summer I can decide on something! Lots of great info here.

V2 arrived after 8 working days. Very very well packaged. No taxes too. Came with all accessories. Even the fancy earphones which surprised me. Cannot fault it! Thanks guys

• Advertisement

V20 arrived after 8 working days. Very very well packaged. No taxes too. Came with all accessories. Even the fancy earphones which surprised me. Cannot fault it! Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Thanks for the update Adam. My g6 is still processing after 3 days. Hopefully have some movement on it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Vodafone Smart V8 is out soon:

https://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-v8-payg/sku95301

Good spec for the price. Have to wait and see if it can be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Thanks for the update Adam. My g6 is still processing after 3 days. Hopefully have some movement on it soon

Yeah, it's frustrating. It can sit in that stage for 5 days, I usually hound their customer services. Still usually delivered within 8 days though. Once you get the shipping notification it's quick from that point.

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, it's frustrating. It can sit in that stage for 5 days, I usually hound their customer services. Still usually delivered within 8 days though. Once you get the shipping notification it's quick from that point.

Cool, hopefully that's what will happen. I emailed them earlier. Seems impossible to get live chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Vodafone Smart V8 is out soon:

https://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-v8-payg/sku95301

Good spec for the price. Have to wait and see if it can be unlocked.

Few sites on ebay now saying they unlock it for ireland and uk so should be no problems. Looks like a good phone spec wise, it's just a bit too big for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

V20 arrived after 8 working days. Very very well packaged. No taxes too. Came with all accessories. Even the fancy earphones which surprised me. Cannot fault it! Thanks guys

I know it's only a few days in but how is the V20 going? How's the battery-life?

Cossax wrote: »
    I know it's only a few days in but how is the V20 going? How's the battery-life?

Better than my last phone, smart ultra 6.
    Phone itself is top notch, its so much faster than anything ive had prior. Speakers are also good. Amazing build quality, no flex at all. Havent run into a problem yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

I ordered a V20 last night from eglobalcentral thanks to this thread! What's the story with the charger? Does it work here straight out of the box? Do they supply a 3 pin charger for Ireland/UK or do we need an adapter?

dr_funk wrote: »
    I ordered a V20 last night from eglobalcentral thanks to this thread! What's the story with the charger? Does it work here straight out of the box? Do they supply a 3 pin charger for Ireland/UK or do we need an adapter?

What's the status of your order? I ordered last Wednesday and it was in processing for 4 days. Changed yesterday to packing and it's still the same today.

dr_funk wrote: »

Comes with fast charger and adapter for uk

dr_funk wrote:

It's a US fast charger unfortunately, but an adapter is included. It's a 100-240 volt plug so will work anywhere in the world.
    What's the status of your order? I ordered last Wednesday and it was in processing for 4 days. Changed yesterday to packing and it's still the same today.

Once its packing that means it's in Europe getting ready to ship. Within 5 days, hopefully by Friday..

Have to say my wife loves the phone. Super fast with a beautiful screen, battery life and amazing audio with and without the included bang and Olufsen headphones.

Glad there will be more V20 owners in Ireland ;)

I ordered last night at 10.30pm and got an 'order is being processed' mail. Got another mail at 4.30am updated to 'packing and will be dispatched soon'.
    Comes with fast charger and adapter for uk
    It's a US fast charger unfortunately, but an adapter is included. It's a 100-240 volt plug so will work anywhere in the world.

Great stuff! Thanks guys.

dr_funk wrote:
    I ordered last night at 10.30pm and got an 'order is being processed' mail. Got another mail at 4.30am updated to 'packing and will be dispatched soon'.

You were lucky. Sounds like they had your phone in stock in Europe. Hopefully you'll get it soon

You were lucky. Sounds like they had your phone in stock in Europe. Hopefully you'll get it soon

Fingers crossed!

Question for the V20 owners here: how is the reception in marginal areas? I moved house recently and my old Galaxy S4 has been driving me nuts, constantly dropping off the Vodafone network in my new place. I tried my SIM in a friend's phone the other evening (an old HTC), and it had 1-2 bars in the same areas.

TBH, that's the only reason I decided to get a new phone! But I wanted to get something good and I work in audio, so the fancy DAC, hi-res audio and 3 onboard mics sold it for me... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Did everyone who got the V20 from eglobal get the nice earphones with the phone?

Tinie wrote: »
    Did everyone who got the V20 from eglobal get the nice earphones with the phone?

I did anywaya

Tinie wrote:

Yep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Disappointed so far with eglobal. Ordered over a week ago now and no movement yet. Sent off two emails and got nothing back.
    Money left the account last week.

Phone showing In stock.

I don't mind the wait if it was communicated what was happening.

Disappointed so far with eglobal. Ordered over a week ago now and no movement yet. Sent off two emails and got nothing back. Money left the account last week.

Phone showing In stock.

I don't mind the wait if it was communicated what was happening.

Yeah, they are a total disappointment when it comes to customer service. Mine took 10 working days in the end with a bank holiday in the middle. Was in processing for a week.. Seemed like forever.

Don't worry all will be fine, you just need to give it a few more days.

Yeah, they are a total disappointment when it comes to customer service. Mine took 10 working days in the end with a bank holiday in the middle. Was in processing for a week.. Seemed like forever.

Don't worry all will be fine, you just need to give it a few more days.

Thanks ted,

It's the communication that's the disappointing thing. I know for the price you can't go wrong so it's just the waiting game. :)

It's the communication that's the disappointing thing. I know for the price you can't go wrong so it's just the waiting game.

Yeah, I'd say they run on tight margins, but not an excuse for no updates.. hopefully you'll get the phone soon 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

anyone know if the Nokia 6 has been released yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement