Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sub €300 Android device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I'm waiting for the Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 to come out if or when its released in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

ZeroThreat wrote:
    anyone know if the Nokia 6 has been released yet?

Definitely released. It's 260e on eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Released on Aug 2nd - http://www.wired.co.uk/article/nokia-6-smartphone-price-release

Triple Edit - It is available. I do not know why i second guessed.
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-and-tablets/mobile-phones/brands/nokia/

€229 according to Nokia website (probably the 32gb version) - http://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/nokia-6
    "With the arrival of Nokia 6, consumers will see superior craftsmanship and design quality in action. It takes 55 minutes to machine a single Nokia 6 from a solid block of 6000 series aluminium. It then receives two separate anodising processes, taking over ten hours to complete, with each phone being polished no less than five times. The end result is an aluminium unibody with the highest level of visual and structural quality."
    :D
    Ehhhmm.... But no Sailfish? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Tinie wrote: »
    Did everyone who got the V20 from eglobal get the nice earphones with the phone?

Are those the B&O earphones that come in a separate box or what are they exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Any discount codes going around for EGLOBAL? The one posted a couple pages back doesnt work anymore. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just started reading this thread and I'm very interested in the LG V20 as I currently have a 1.5 year old Honor 7.

How come the V20 is so cheap ? Any reviews I looked at talk about $800 or so

Did it drop in price very quickly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

Suckit wrote: »
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-and-tablets/mobile-phones/brands/nokia/

€229 according to Nokia website (probably the 32gb version) - http://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/nokia-6

:D
    .............(

The Nokias look very interesting - only issue for me is that the only 5" screen is the Nokia 3 which maybe a little underpowered ?

After using a 5.5" phone (MotoG4) for nearly 12 months I concluded that 5.5 is simply too big for my requirements. My current feeling is that I am looking for something at max 5"

deadl0ck wrote:
    How come the V20 is so cheap ? Any reviews I looked at talk about $800 or so

It's great value for money. I'd say it's due to LG still having stock of the phone and of course the V30 is on the way.

Tinie wrote:
    Any discount codes going around for EGLOBAL? The one posted a couple pages back doesnt work anymore. Thanks

Use the code SUMMER. Not sure if it needs caps or not. Think its 7euro off
    cal60 wrote:
    The Nokias look very interesting - only issue for me is that the only 5" screen is the Nokia 3 which maybe a little underpowered ?

It depends what you're usage is, but I'd say the Nokias are all pretty mid range phones, with the top spec Nokia 6 only having a Snapdragon series 4 processor.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Are those the B&O earphones that come in a separate box or what are they exactly?

I think so.

Can anyone confirm if they're the bang and olufsen earphones for the V20 that come with the eglobal order?

These:

V5t8Nlt.jpg

• Advertisement

Just ordered the V20

€315.32 including shipping (Used code "BUYBE4LEAVE" for 6.99 discount)

I think so.

Can anyone confirm if they're the bang and olufsen earphones for the V20 that come with the eglobal order?

These:

V5t8Nlt.jpg

They are bundled in the LG box. Don't think they're the same model. They are B&O and have a nylon material cable. They feel decent, haven't tested the sound though..

Any sign of the delivery??

tedpan wrote: »
    Any sign of the delivery??

Are you asking me?

deadl0ck wrote:
    Are you asking me?

Sorry no, Frank. He was waiting a while..

Has yours been shipped?

Sorry no, Frank. He was waiting a while..

Has yours been shipped?

No - but I got this today :

We are currently packing your order and it will be dispatched shortly! Once your order has dispatched from our warehouse, you will receive a dispatch confirmation email together with tracking number for your reference.

It may take up to 48 hours for respective courier to update the status of your shipment on their website.

Please find below invoice for your reference. You may also go to MY ACCOUNT button on top right hand corner on our website and enter your order ID to review your order details.

** Please note that it may take up to 72 hours for tracking to be sent to you and updated due to our courier partner's system updates. We are trying our best to send tracking link within mentioned timeframe. We sincerely apologize for such delay.

deadl0ck wrote:
    We are currently packing your order and it will be dispatched shortly! Once your order has dispatched from our warehouse, you will receive a dispatch confirmation email together with tracking number for your reference.

That's great, that means it's arrived in Europe and you'll have it soon. It's all fast from here :)

That's great, that means it's arrived in Europe and you'll have it soon. It's all fast from here :)
    Cool - I'll post back when I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Cool - I'll post back when I get it

Hey. Deadl0ck

Mine was dispatched about 4 days ago and it's sat in Paris for the last 3 days. No movement this morning yet. Hopefully starts moving again soon, it's 2 weeks now since I ordered.

Hey. Deadl0ck

Mine was dispatched about 4 days ago and it's sat in Paris for the last 3 days. No movement this morning yet. Hopefully starts moving again soon, it's 2 weeks now since I ordered.
    Bloody hell- that's a pain in the ass.
    Is that the norm with eGlobal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Bloody hell- that's a pain in the ass.
    Is that the norm with eGlobal ?

Trying to pm you there but your inbox is too full

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Moto G5 plus 199 pounds on carphone warehouse. Sale ends on Wednesday

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/motorola/moto-g5-plus.html#!colour=grey&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

I'm looking at purchasing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Global version as I think this is the only one that supports 800MHz necessary for 4G on Vodafone. Anyone any experience with the phone or recommend anywhere reliable to buy it? I haven't bought a chinese phone before so will be first time trying it out.

Are you sure fire to get caught for customs importing from china? Or is it 50/50?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Are you sure fire to get caught for customs importing from china? Or is it 50/50?

Its luck - some people get away with it. Customs are aware of senders marking items as lesser valued items etc. I'd account for it in the budget if you are planning on buying a device.

GBX wrote:
    Its luck - some people get away with it. Customs are aware of senders marking items as lesser valued items etc. I'd account for it in the budget if you are planning on buying a device.

Not true. Eglobal pricing includes the vat. It's states that they are included within their T's&C's.

It was discussed earlier in the thread.

Not true. Eglobal pricing includes the vat. It's states that they are included within their T's&C's.

It was discussed earlier in the thread.

There are many that prepay taxes for you. What GBX and i am sure Tinie are referring to are the Chinese stores that do not.

There are also some that offer it is an option, and there are some Aliexpress stores that will do it for you. You can even send some items to an Aliexpress store where they will prepay the customs and ship any or all items out as one, without any taxes. But i have not tried them, nor do i know of anybody that has. It just seems far too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

magicmoves wrote: »

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/motorola/moto-g5-plus.html#!colour=grey&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf

Pretty sure you can't buy from carphone warehouse uk and get it delivered to roi or parcel motel/address pal etc

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    magicmoves wrote: »

Pretty sure you can't buy from carphone warehouse uk and get it delivered to roi or parcel motel/address pal etc
    It is on Amazon Germany (Prime Day) for €219 + €7.94 deliver, which works out at slightly cheaper that CPW + PW/PM/AP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

Hey. Deadl0ck

My V20 was scanned this morning in Belgium. Ordered 9 days (7 working days) ago.

Some go to Paris, some to Belgium?

EDIT: It arrived in the UK from Hong Kong 3 days ago - pity it wasn't sent directly here, but I suppose that's logistics for ya...

Advertisement