Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sub €300 Android device

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

https://www.amazon.it/Aquaris-Smartphone-Dual-Nero-Minerale/dp/B06XQ18LYJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499858139&sr=8-2&keywords=bq+aquaris+x

Sites in Italian but they deliver to Ireland for around €256.
    Just checked there and if you order now and pick quick delivery it'll be here by Friday all for €256.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭adam240610

dr_funk wrote: »
    My V20 was scanned this morning in Belgium. Ordered 9 days (7 working days) ago.

Some go to Paris, some to Belgium?

EDIT: It arrived in the UK from Hong Kong 3 days ago - pity it wasn't sent directly here, but I suppose that's logistics for ya...

Mine went to belgium after uk, delivered two days after it appeared in Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

adam240610 wrote: »
    Mine went to belgium after uk, delivered two days after it appeared in Belgium

Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow then! Was yours delivered by An Post or courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭adam240610

dr_funk wrote: »
    Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow then! Was yours delivered by An Post or courier?

It was an post with an express/priority sticker plastered on it by them. Id imagine itll be soon none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ordered v20 for my OH two days ago. Got shipping notification this morning with trackingID. Showing as in HK at mo.

So defo avoid taxes with eglobal?

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Ordered v20 for my OH two days ago. Got shipping notification this morning with trackingID. Showing as in HK at mo.

Should have read whole thread first. Saw their t&cs now. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭thomasj

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_will_bring_the_v30_to_europe-news-26176.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Read the thread. Has been discussed many many times. It's one of the most popular phones bought here.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Read the thread. Has been discussed many many times. It's one of the most popular phones bought here.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭914

Anyone happen to come across anymore moto g5 plus deals?

Missed out on the carphone warehouse price drop as well as amazon.it.

Cheapest I can find it at present is amazon.de €266 including delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

914 wrote: »

Not yet but also interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Its EUR 235,00 on amazon.it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

adam240610 wrote: »
    It was an post with an express/priority sticker plastered on it by them. Id imagine itll be soon none the less!

Well, my V20 didn't arrive today... :(

The tracking stopped when it left Belgium 3 days ago. Was anyone else able to track theirs once it arrived in Ireland? I tried both barcodes on the An Post tracking page, but neither one was recognised by the system.

EDIT: Tracking was updated today. It arrived in Portlaoise this afternoon, and the tracking number is indeed recognised by the An Post tracking system. I'm pretty confident I'll have it on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sorry folks, clueless when it comes to phones. From reading, the Moto G5+ and LG v20 seem popular and decent phones. Is there much between them quality wise? And finally, where is the best place to be looking price wise

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, I'm using a Nexus 6p this past year or so, great phone but it's not mine and it's going back to the owner shortly.
    So, that leaves me with a new phone to choose and don't know what handset to go with.
    That Doogee Mix looks lovely but the screen is too low res.
    The G5 Plus is super, but I'd miss USB-C.
    I'm budget conscious, so a bigger screened, 1080p minimum phone, with USB C, and as clean a Android as possible.
    Suggestions?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, I'm using a Nexus 6p this past year or so, great phone but it's not mine and it's going back to the owner shortly.
    So, that leaves me with a new phone to choose and don't know what handset to go with.
    That Doogee Mix looks lovely but the screen is too low res.
    The G5 Plus is super, but I'd miss USB-C.
    I'm budget conscious, so a bigger screened, 1080p minimum phone, with USB C, and as clean a Android as possible.
    Suggestions?

If your looking for USB c, 5.5 inch 1080p screen with almost stock android how about the moto z play? Retails for about €300, all reviews say it also has a great battery and allows moto mods if your into that kind if thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I'm in the same boat as the OP.
    I am looking at buying an LG G6 from eglobal.
    Anyone go for one of those?
    Seem yo be a decent phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Put this in the wrong thread!

Currently have a Galaxy S5 which is almost 3 ears old and getting a little slow. I was looking st the V20 and a possible stretch to the new G6 but not sure if an upgrade is worth my while yet. Anyone upgraded from an S5 to either of the LG's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Ordered LG V20 from Eglobal on 4th July. Phone arrived today with battery 1/2 full and the box seal broken. Everything else looks intact. Did anyone else who ordered from them notice if seal was broken? Have not had chance to power up phone yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ordered LG V20 from Eglobal on 4th July. Phone arrived today with battery 1/2 full and the box seal broken. Everything else looks intact. Did anyone else who ordered from them notice if seal was broken? Have not had chance to power up phone yet.

I'm still waiting on mine - who was shipping with ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

An post.

Price drop on amazon.de to €249 and
    Amazon.it €245

For the moto g5 plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

I'm looking for a recommendation for a V20 / P2 equivalent available in a smaller form factor, say 4in screen. Any pointers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

air wrote:
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a V20 / P2 equivalent available in a smaller form factor, say 4in screen. Any pointers?

4" sorry but I started laughing hysterically when I read that.

Maybe 5"? The V20 is almost 6" with the secondary display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

Yeah 5 even would be an improvement. Apple still sell plenty of the smaller iPhones, there is demand for non phablets.

air wrote: »
    Yeah 5 even would be an improvement. Apple still sell plenty of the smaller iPhones, there is demand for non phablets.

5 inch difficult to find this day and age. Moto g5 plus is 5.2. Xiaomi mi5 is 5.1. Nexus 5x 5.2

I agree with you I'm not a fan of the big screens always found 4.6 inch perfect size phone. I'd stretch to 5 or 5.2 max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't see any demand for phones below 5 inch anymore. In a tiny, niche market, if one exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't see any demand for phones below 5 inch anymore. In a tiny, niche market, if one exists.

Maybe , maybe not. I know I don't like large phones - they won't fit easily in your pocket. Some smaller phones still available eg. Xperia compact / iPhone SE.
    For me portability is important - for serious usage laptop/PC will win out.

Advertisement