Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead cat disposal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Someone call the Guards.

Very amusing. I wish I was that funny.

If you had read my posts you would see that I buried a cat on private land, myself.
    However, had I known that it was not strictly legal and that the city council would have disposed of the cat for me, I would have availed of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Cats dead, cat's gone, lets move on.
    Cat & tread is dead.
    I done whats best in the circumstances.
    Given the warm weather.

Person (owner) who fead the (stray) said it wasn't his, he only fed it for years !! :confused:

Why does everything be so argumentative here, I took responsibility for a situation that I wasn't responsible for and made the best judgment in the little time I had to sort it.

I asked for advice, got condemnation without any useful telephone numbers or links.
    And caring advice and funny advice, which is all good and adds to the discussion.

Would all stone throwers be willing to except the next dead cat ?
    I dought it !!!!!!

See ya
    Tom

End of this discussion from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Tom44 wrote: »
    Cats dead, cat's gone, lets move on.
    Cat & tread is dead.
    I done whats best in the circumstances.
    Given the warm weather.

Person (owner) who fead the (stray) said it wasn't his, he only fed it for years !! :confused:

Why does everything be so argumentative here, I took responsibility for a situation that I wasn't responsible for and made the best judgment in the little time I had to sort it.

I asked for advice, got condemnation without any useful telephone numbers or links.
    And caring advice and funny advice, which is all good and adds to the discussion.

Would all stone throwers be willing to except the next dead cat ?
    I dought it !!!!!!

See ya
    Tom

End of this discussion from me.

Well, the first reply you got was to contact a vet - without knowing where you are, it seems a bit much to expect people to provide you with phone numbers.

The condemnation started when you decided that you didn't want to do the responsible thing and bury the cat instead.

But yes, next time you find a dead cat, please do bring it round. I work with an animal charity, we often get called to dead animals (usually victims of traffic), and our first step is always to contact a vet to find out if we can locate an owner who might want to know what happened. If not, the vet disposes of the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

How did we get three pages on a dead cat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Would have got 33pgs if the op had posted in AH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

If it's a big cat it can take quite a bit to wrap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Would people car more if it was a dead dog? Not a feckin terrier, but a proper dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Would people car more if it was a dead dog? Not a feckin terrier, but a proper dog?

If it's a labrador, I wouldn't be rushing off to bury it - they taste like lamb apparently:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510249/Ill-have-a-badger-with-flies-please.html

Advertisement