Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor warranty transfer and mindfactory return

Options
  • 22-05-2017 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So I have bought a monitor from mindfactory which has not yet arrived and have seen another, better monitor for sale 2nd hand.

a) If I buy the 2nd hand monitor will the warranty transfer to me? Transfer isn't explicitly mentioned on their warranty page

b) does anyone know how easy it is to return an unwanted item to mindfactory? hasn't even arrived yet. From looking at their revocation page it looks like it won't cost me anything but maybe translate on chrome is making a few important mistakes

EDIT: Just found out the monitor is already second hand and was originally bought in malaysia..... sounds like it would be a pain to use the warranty if necessary, have heard asus have bad customer service anyway without something like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I returned to them for a fault and they refunded my postage costs but in your case its a simple change of mind so I can't see why they'd pay for the item to be returned to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sheogorath

superg wrote: »
    I returned to them for a fault and they refunded my postage costs but in your case its a simple change of mind so I can't see why they'd pay for the item to be returned to them.
    Honestly I wouldn't really mind, it would only cost me 15 euro more than to take the monitor I've bought and I'd get a monitor that costs 200 euro more then the one I've ordered

Advertisement