Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch tamper inhibit for new door

Options
  • 22-05-2017 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been looking through the threads on this forum trying to figure out how best to unscrew a sensor from above a sliding door. The magnet is on the door itself. I assume there's some form of tamper switch in the sensor box so when I take the cover off, the alarm will either go off or it'll start beeping and moaning like my sister's did when she had her windows changed!

The alarm box door has a note that says
    To omit tampers from system when arming:
    0 CODE # Tamper number [yes]

I haven't a clue what that means nor what the "tamper number" would be. I don't think that means I can start unscrewing sensors though.

I do have an engineer's code too (I hope. I've never used it.) If I just put in the engineer's code, can I then unscrew the sensor cover, take it off the wall, put the cover back on it and tape it up above the door ready for the change?

I don't want the alarm to start howling as soon as the workers start shifting the door :(

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you enter the engineer code (providing its correct) the system will enter the engineer menu and you will be able to work on the sensor without activating the alarm. If you are prompted by the question Authorised By? enter your user code.
    Worst case , if the engineer code doesn't work open the sensor & disarm with your user code.No big deal if it rings for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

Cool! Thanks KoolKid. I didn't know if I had to do anything specific inside the engineer menu but I guess once that menu is active, the system isn't going to trigger.

Erm. As it's 23:25 at night I won't try it now though, even for a few seconds :D

Advertisement