Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slaney

Options
  • 22-05-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Has anyone had success on the river slaney yet??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Only open to sea trout now, ones of the IFI's decisions not the smartest move open to poachers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 20borekid1

Only open to sea trout now, ones of the IFI's decisions not the smartest move open to poachers now.

Its all catch and release on trout isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Yes I'm nearly 100% sure maybe I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Bit early for seatrout - Salmon banned. Top small brown river tho. had 20+ last night

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pedro7

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread I've read in a few places that the Slaney is closed this season, is the Slaney, Boro and the Urin open for trout this year? I'm coming back from NZ in June and I always love getting around for a few casts.

• Advertisement

pedro7 wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread I've read in a few places that the Slaney is closed this season, is the Slaney, Boro and the Urin open for trout this year? I'm coming back from NZ in June and I always love getting around for a few casts.

Salmon fishing is banned only - open for trout/seatrout

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭delboythedub

Was there some 75 plus nets allowed to block the river some years ago and were only taken off at weekends. More than sad

Was there some 75 plus nets allowed to block the river some years ago and were only taken off at weekends. More than sad

Nets at enniscorthy have been gone for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Plenty of nets on the rest of the river now there's no salmon anglers to police it.

Advertisement