Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find my iphone trainsfered...HELP

Options
  • 23-05-2017 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

helped a mate with his new iphone 7

he had an old iphone 4 with all his contacts and stuff on it, but had no idea what his apple id password was (apple id and email was made years ago and no recover option was accepted for either)

after about 30mins no joy recovering apple id password

so backed up old phone to pc
    restored backup to the new phone

he now had all his stuff, but no apple id

so created new appleid using his current email

tried to set this up on the new phone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bloody new phone was now "find my ipone" locked to the apple id from the old phone

was able to set up the new apple id for the appsstore, but the brand new iphone 7 can never be reformatted or sold now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Contact Apple and explain the issue with the forgotten password for the old AppleID - the should be able to reset the password if you can give them sufficient info to prove that it's his AppleID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Type 17 wrote: »
    Contact Apple and explain the issue with the forgotten password for the old AppleID - the should be able to reset the password if you can give them sufficient info to prove that it's his AppleID.

Yeah but be prepared to wait, a long time. Resetting a forgotten Apple ID is an absolute pain in the ass since recently.

I set up a password manager, changed my Apple password to some mental 32-character password but the password manager failed to copy it. When I went to reset it I had to provide a ton of information and at the very end it said Apple would text me a link when it was ready to be reset. That was 9 weeks ago and still nothing. Tons of posts on Apple forums about people locked out for even longer.

I was extremely lucky in the end. I was on my mac, already logged in, and followed the forgot password flow in system preferences, which allowed me to create a new password there. I hadn't realised that when I got the mac I set it up to use my Apple ID password to log into it, so I could have been locked out of my own computer for months.

Advertisement