Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paternity benefit - backlog and other questions

Options
  • 23-05-2017 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I am due to give birth next month and my husband is planning to take the two weeks paternity leave and I just have a couple of questions.

He has an app for next Thursday to get a public service card, once he has this, will he be able to apply online?

I know there is a backlog with maternity benefit, is he likely to experience similar delays?

Would he be quicker waiting until next week until he has the card or sending in a paper application this week?

Finally, on my application for MB, I have put down my due date as July 10th and MB starting July 1st, but I have since been given a date for a section, Jun 28th so he was planning to take Paternity leave from Jul 1st, will this be an issue if they cross reference my application and it appears that he is taking his PL before my due date?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

ncmc wrote: »
    Hi folks, I am due to give birth next month and my husband is planning to take the two weeks paternity leave and I just have a couple of questions.

He has an app for next Thursday to get a public service card, once he has this, will he be able to apply online?

I know there is a backlog with maternity benefit, is he likely to experience similar delays?

Would he be quicker waiting until next week until he has the card or sending in a paper application this week?

Finally, on my application for MB, I have put down my due date as July 10th and MB starting July 1st, but I have since been given a date for a section, Jun 28th so he was planning to take Paternity leave from Jul 1st, will this be an issue if they cross reference my application and it appears that he is taking his PL before my due date?

Thanks in advance!

I would defo apply online if I was him, I did my maternity benefit application online and it was approved the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Don't think you can apply online, you have to print a form and post it off. Doctor has to sign and stamp to confirm due date/date of birth. Sent mine off a few weeks ago and got a text to say it was being processed but no word since.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Don't think you can apply online, you have to print a form and post it off. Doctor has to sign and stamp to confirm due date/date of birth. Sent mine off a few weeks ago and got a text to say it was being processed but no word since.

There's definitely an option online to apply for maternity and paternity benefit. You will need to scan and attach your signed doctors form

Advertisement