Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents not bothering to ring back

Options
  • 23-05-2017 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Is this a thing? Twice in the last week I have called different auctioneers to arrange to view properties for sale and was told I'd get a call back. I know they're busy at the moment but ffs like :rolleyes: This is in a quiet part of the west of Ireland too so nowhere near as crazy as the Dublin market. Am I expected to keep hounding them until I get a response or what? It's very off-putting!

Also, on another speil, has anyone dealt with an estate agent who only sells through munster property auctions? What's the story there? Seems like a gimmick to me to avoid the normal bidding process.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It reminds me of tradesmen such as electricians and plumbers only taking on huge jobs and leaving the small household jobs back in the good times.

They are so busy they don't seem to care as everything is selling so easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

It's a pain! We have been trying to get a builder out recently to quote for some work too and out of ringing about 10, we only managed to speak to 3 or 4 and only 1 came out to do the quote :rolleyes: I feel like screaming SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY :o

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

It's definitely a thing. Very frustrating. I've had to deal with it both when looking to rent and buy, even a good few years ago when things weren't as mental as they are now. It seems to be an industry rife with unbelievably poor customer service / basics manners. I had dealings with one agent two years ago who was very professional to deal with when looking to buy - I didn't get the property in the end, but the agent had the basic decency to phone when he promised etc. Seems to be rare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Munster Property auctions.. only reason they are selling this way is because there is something up with the property.
    The only 2 houses i saw with them both had planning issues.
    at then end of bidding they don't even need to take the highest bidder, they can choose a lower bidder if they prefer.
    Your deposit needs to be paid immediately and is NON REFUNDABLE, they were unable to tell me what would happen to the deposit if the seller died or if the house burned down or mortgage was refused before contracts were signed.

Having said all that, agents from Munster property were always very fast to respond to communications unlike all the other regular estate agents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Funny you mention it Joey, I scoped out one of their properties at the weekend and going by the property description and what I saw, I reckon there must be boundary or right of way issues.

If they can sell to a lower bidder doesn't that mean the property ownet has the potential to shill and drive the price up? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement