Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport for newborn and public service card

• 23-05-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am just wondering about these new passport regulations that are coming in this autumn and the requirement to have a PSC. Will this apply for newborns and for children renewing passports too? I am due next month and need to apply for a passport for the new baby fairly quickly. Now I'm hoping that i'll get the application in before the new regulations come in to force. But if not, under the new rules, will newborns need to get a PSC before applying for a passport?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

When you apply for the passport now, you don't need the child's PPS number or a PSC. You automatically get the child's PPS after registering the birth.
    Keep in mind that there is a huge backlog because of Brexit passport applications, even passport express can take you more than 8 weeks to get it. You might have to ring the Cork office and go there with travel documents to get it processed quicker.

Good luck, I was faster going to the embassy of my country of origin and apply for her passport there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

ncmc wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am just wondering about these new passport regulations that are coming in this autumn and the requirement to have a PSC. Will this apply for newborns and for children renewing passports too? I am due next month and need to apply for a passport for the new baby fairly quickly. Now I'm hoping that i'll get the application in before the new regulations come in to force. But if not, under the new rules, will newborns need to get a PSC before applying for a passport?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/passports_for_children.html#l5af5e
    Your newborn will not need a PSC.
    At the moment minors can't get a PSC.
    Keep an I on any updates on the linked page to see if you will need a PSC yourself when applying for your child's passport, or just apply for one for yourself just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

ncmc wrote: »

No but get your own done for Child Benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi folks just wondering can I use public service card as identification for registering my baby as my passport is out of date ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Vandan wrote: »
    Hi folks just wondering can I use public service card as identification for registering my baby as my passport is out of date ?

No idea but I didn’t actually go in myself....my husband went in on his own ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Vandan wrote: »

You would have to call and check the official government position is that it is not an official ID card.

Advertisement