Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidget spinners sellers in Eyre Square-beware!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

These sellers operate under a casual trading licence issued by GCC. If you want to complain, get their casual trading licence number which must be clearly displayed on their stand. There are a few vocal councillors who would be happy to raise this on your behalf.
    There are so many unique and decent traders in Galway which sell great products and have excellent service. It's a pity that one or two don't do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

holly8 wrote:
    I did hang around for a bit to see if there was any potential customers I could dissuade from purchasing ... there wasn't.

Where exactly did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

bobbyss wrote: »
    Where exactly did you buy it?

Is there more than one casual trader in Eyre Square on a daily basis?!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

There used to be a shop near the old IPBS. I don't know if it still there. I have not been in it for years so I don't know what their range is.

There used to be a shop not too far from Richardson's on the other side but that is not there now I believe. I can't recall any other shops selling stuff off the top of my head.

Regarding the number of casual traders in Eyre Square on a daily basis, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Its Devaneys. They are there so long it's basically a shop that should be named if they are treating customers like that. What's with the pussy footing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Its Devaneys. They are there so long it's basically a shop that should be named if they are treating customers like that. What's with the pussy footing...

Sure I know it's Devaney, I wasn't asking myself the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

ScumLord wrote: »
    They might get their money back.. I don't think even the sellers of fidget spiners are going to assault people in front of all that CCTV.

CCTV in Eyre Sq is pure crap quality, if it's even working or pointing in the right direction, also if the sellers are smart they'll pick and chose their moment well
    phelant wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that advice. Not enough people speak up. I have a sneaking suspicion that advising you if you were there buying one would be a waste of time though.

speak up if in the likes of smyths or any other normal shop but don't expect dodgy street sellers to ahere to any form of customer service charter or afford you the right to demand refunds without a receipt (oral contract mate, not worth the paper it's written on springs to mind) or shout them down or interfere with their dodgy street selling practices for too long before you get shut up one way or another. don't worry your pretty little head about me by the way, I have better things to spend my hard earned cash and precious free time on than the latest ridiculously stupid fad that comes along ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

pure.conya wrote: »
    don't worry your pretty little head about me by the way, I have better things to spend my hard earned cash and precious free time on than the latest ridiculously stupid fad that comes along ;)

FYI - it was not bought as a "ridiculously stupid fad" .. it was bought as fidget toy, to relieve anxiety, for child with ASD ... and it works!!
    everywhere else was sold out and the need was urgent at the time .. get over yourself and get off your high horse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

holly8 wrote: »
    FYI - it was not bought as a "ridiculously stupid fad" .. it was bought as fidget toy, to relieve anxiety, for child with ASD ... and it works!!
    everywhere else was sold out and the need was urgent at the time .. get over yourself and get off your high horse :rolleyes:

what is going on here exactly? you are quoting me replying to another poster and for some reason explaining to me why you bought your fidget toy for a kid with asd when i neither engaged you in any form of conversation or asked you why you bought your autistic kid a fad toy from a market stall on eyre sq, and i need to get off my high horse?

i'm going to spell it out for ya loud and clear, in shops you have a clearly defined process you can go through to claim your money back for faulty goods and usually the manager or supervisor on duty will fix most issues on the spot without you needing to involve their head office or rely on your statutory rights but this is not the case with street traders, especially with a lack of a receipt as proof of purchase and in fairness you could be returing a broken spinner you bought elsewhere, they're not to know, you foolishly seem to think these people are actually going to put up with you shouting your mouth off to their customers or give you your money back to get you to move on, you really haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It falls apart in minutes if not already broken in box...its a real choking hazzard...they don't have CE mark either..I bought 1 in a hurry, what a waste, seller laughed at me when I brought it back...they don't issue receipts either

It works - even though it fell apart in minutes. Yeah, right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement