Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xesse. Long or Short?

Options
  • 23-05-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about going for a hammerli xesse. I see there is a long and short version. Can anyone shed a little light on this? I am guessing the long version is a better one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

You get a longer sight radius which should help with accuracy a bit. Also if the ptb increase the minimum barrel length at any stage, a longer barrel helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

If you can stretch out price wise for the Target model its def worth it, its a way better pistol than the short version, different front sight width options, and way more adjustability in the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Cheers. I figured the long one was the better option alright. But if a short version was up for sale at a good price, it would probably be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

There are 4 versions of the xesse, the short barrel basic pistol, the longer barrel basic pistol, the IPSC and the Target both these pistols have the same sight and trigger adjustability, IPSC comes with standard black grip and Target comes with target grip. It comes down to what you want the pistol for, if you want it for just recreational target shooting the basic model is fine, if you want it to compete in competitions and trying to raise your level of shooting, I'd buy the target model. The Hammerli xesse is a good value accurate pistol, no matter which one you have, I have the IPSC model its way more accurate than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

goz83 wrote: »
    Cheers. I figured the long one was the better option alright. But if a short version was up for sale at a good price, it would probably be worth considering.

I'd hold tight and get the longer version even if there was a short one going cheap.

I know it's an extra few quid but I'd soon enough forget about the price if I had a more accurate gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Ive owned the short version, it shot okay, but the sights let it down no adjustment unlike the target model.. and even at that the rear sight I thought it was to wide with no apparent alternative available.. now I've a Ruger MK111 with loads of sight options..,

The target version are what....1k+ ? I haven't seen any used ones pop up recently.

I was thinking I could probably find a used short version for about €500.

There is a very nice S&W model 41 just popped up in the for sale section, a much better pistol than the hammerli.

gunny123 wrote: »
    There is a very nice S&W model 41 just popped up in the for sale section, a much better pistol than the hammerli.

Nice pistol, but more than I want to spend. Is it even a .22?

Is it even a .22?

It is yes, it has to be, cannot be sold in the republic otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

The target version are what....1k+ ? I haven't seen any used ones pop up recently.

I was thinking I could probably find a used short version for about €500.

That is madness.... Look to Germany much much much cheaper... even with shipping etc...
    http://www.sajovec.de/angebote.html
    €350 used HÄMMERLI 215

Advertisement