Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency vehicle access to Sandymount Strand?

• 23-05-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

I was there the other day and was just wondering what access there is, if any, if somebody had a heart attack or similar way out on the sandflats. I couldn't see anywhere where an ambulance, a jeep, or a Garda vehicle could access the sand. Would they use a helicopter? I'm not saying there should be access, necessarily, but I'm just curious as there doesn't seem to be a gate anywhere in the seawall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I was there the other day and was just wondering what access there is, if any, if somebody had a heart attack or similar way out on the sandflats. I couldn't see anywhere where an ambulance, a jeep, or a Garda vehicle could access the sand. Would they use a helicopter? I'm not saying there should be access, necessarily, but I'm just curious as there doesn't seem to be a gate anywhere in the seawall.

Access to the patient by foot and utilisation of lifeboat and helicopter if available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

there's access at the the level crossing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've a feeling it might also be possible to get a car onto the strand at the Ringsend park end - I'm sure I remember a gang of young fellas rallying around that end of the beach in a car years and years ago and the Gardai went in after them. Nothing like an official entry point but possible if it came to it.

Advertisement