Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open an account online

Options
  • 23-05-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Last thursday, the 18th of May I applied to open an coount with BOI online. The same day I submitted the documents requested: ID Card, Proof of Address (Revenue office letter with date) and PPS letter as second proof of address. The bank account is for my mother, she lives with me so all the bills are under my name and the only letter she can provide as proof of address is the Revenue Office letter. She also holds an Italian ID Card, the PPS number and a job contract. 

I did not hear from you since last Thursday so I am a little bit worried because I would like to know if the application has been approved or not. I would like the account to be open in the BOI Ranelagh branch as I opened my own one there as well.

Please, how can I check that without going personally to the bank? Is 4 days a normal waiting time when we talk about opening a bank account online or is this an indicator that something did not go through?

Thank you,

Claudia 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

SaCla wrote: »
    Hi,

Last thursday, the 18th of May I applied to open an coount with BOI online. The same day I submitted the documents requested: ID Card, Proof of Address (Revenue office letter with date) and PPS letter as second proof of address. The bank account is for my mother, she lives with me so all the bills are under my name and the only letter she can provide as proof of address is the Revenue Office letter. She also holds an Italian ID Card, the PPS number and a job contract. 

I did not hear from you since last Thursday so I am a little bit worried because I would like to know if the application has been approved or not. I would like the account to be open in the BOI Ranelagh branch as I opened my own one there as well.

Please, how can I check that without going personally to the bank? Is 4 days a normal waiting time when we talk about opening a bank account online or is this an indicator that something did not go through?

Thank you,

Claudia 
    Hi Claudia,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

New account updates are sent to the email address provided on the application. Please check junk and spam folders as you should have received an update advising PPS letters are not accepted as proof of address. In this instance, we would suggest calling our New Accounts Team on 1980 354454 and an adviser will go through what documents can be accepted.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement