Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged Full Price for a Add On and only got a pro rated amount

Options
  • 23-05-2017 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey,

Yesterday I rang up and added on a 15gb data allowance as I had already used my 100gb for the month. I was told it was €15 for 15gb which I agreed to as I work online full time so internet is vital. Took 20 hours for it to be active on my account and after working for 2 hours today the allowance is now gone again and the girl on the phone now says that I only get a pro rated amount of data as the month is nearly up. 

This can't be right that you charge the full €15 and only give me 25% of the data I paid for??? The girl on the phone wasn't even able to tell me how much data I actually get out of the 15GB I paid for. 

The guy I talked to yesterday never mentioned any terms like that at all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi paulztag,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It is correct you would be given a pro-rated amount of data for the remainder of your billing cycle. If you keep this add-on you will get the full 15GB after your billing date. 

You are also only charged the pro-rated amount for the first month and then for the full 15GB after that. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Hi paulztag,

It is correct you would be given a pro-rated amount of data for the remainder of your billing cycle. If you keep this add-on you will get the full 15GB after your billing date. 

You are also only charged the pro-rated amount for the first month and then for the full 15GB after that. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    When I ordered I was told I would get the full 15gb. If I had to know I was only going to get a small percentage of it I would have ordered a higher add on.

Also the girl on the phone yesterday told me I would be charged the full €15 and not a pro-rated amount so I now have 3 different answers from 3 different Eir reps. Is there anywhere I can get this clarified and how can I get more data for this current month?

paulztag wrote: »
    Hi paulztag,

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    When I ordered I was told I would get the full 15gb. If I had to know I was only going to get a small percentage of it I would have ordered a higher add on.

Also the girl on the phone yesterday told me I would be charged the full €15 and not a pro-rated amount so I now have 3 different answers from 3 different Eir reps. Is there anywhere I can get this clarified and how can I get more data for this current month?
    I do apologise that you were given the wrong information at the time. However, I can confirm that you will only receive a pro-rated amount of data for the remainder of your billing cycle. 

If you would like to more data for this current month I would recommend ringing our customer care team 1800 690 000 for best support on this.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

paulztag wrote: »
    Hi paulztag,

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

I do apologise that you were given the wrong information at the time. However, I can confirm that you will only receive a pro-rated amount of data for the remainder of your billing cycle. 

If you would like to more data for this current month I would recommend ringing our customer care team 1800 690 000 for best support on this.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    My experience so far with that support number hasn't been good as both support rep's I got gave me partly incorrect information on the same topic so I am very reluctant to waste my time on the line waiting to end up not getting what I need. 

Can you just give me the details of what I can actually get and the actual cost of it? I need a full 10gb at least so can you tell me what add on I need to get and how much it will cost?

The add-ons would vary depending on your account type.

Can you please PM me your account details and I can have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne

• Advertisement

The add-ons would vary depending on your account type.

Can you please PM me your account details and I can have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne
    Thanks, PM sent

I will check my PM's now.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

I will check my PM's now.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Thanks, will wait on a reply

I have replied to your PM. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Yes I got your first one earlier but haven't seen a reply to the one I sent just over an hour ago

• Advertisement

Hi paulztag, 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Advertisement