Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caherdavin area

• 23-05-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I will be working in Limerick city but thinking to rent a place in Rostrevor Park, Caherdavin, Co. Limerick. Is there a good public transport between the two?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

There is a bus for sure. Frequency is something like every half hour if not better AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Public transport isn't too reliable. Cycling might be a better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=460

You'll be looking at the 302 bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks everyone. I will ask few more questions in the coming days.

I will be the new baby in limerick city :D

Other than daft.ie & rent.ie is there any other rental website for limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

A few simplyrent.ie posters around the place. Register with Kersten Mehl Property as well, or at least keep an eye on the website. It's fairly competitive in Limerick for available properties at the moment

• Advertisement

Prices are high. Nothing for less thab 1000€ for a family house.
    What are public transport commmutable areas to the city centre?
    JohnDozer wrote: »
    A few simplyrent.ie posters around the place. Register with Kersten Mehl Property as well, or at least keep an eye on the website. It's fairly competitive in Limerick for available properties at the moment

Prices are high. Nothing for less thab 1000€ for a family house.
    What are public transport commmutable areas to the city centre?

What would you consider reasonable commute time? You have options like Shannon/ Ennis/ Nenagh that are medium sized towns with very good bus links. Newcastlewest would also fall in that category. These are all in the 30-45 minute by bus bracket. Shannon would be a little bit closer maybe.

You do have villages/ small towns like Murroe/ Newport/ Killaloe that do offer good rental value but are poorly served by transport links.

Just as an example:- in Newcastlewest €700 would get you a good standard 4 bed house. €50 will be your travel fees by bus for the week with hourly service to Limerick City. 10 hours of your time lost travelling though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    It would in its hole. Ferndale is asking 850, that's the only house for rent in NCW at the moment.

Apologies! A simple daft.ie search confirms this... my information was a little outdated it seems...

I checked these 2 sites and it says they are powered by Daft.ie so i suppose their ads turn up on daft.ie as well
    JohnDozer wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is the caherdavin bus not reliable? I don't use it myself, but I thought it was quite regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

zulutango wrote:
    Public transport isn't too reliable. Cycling might be a better option.

MarkR wrote:
    Is the caherdavin bus not reliable? I don't use it myself, but I thought it was quite regular.

Never mind the agenda. I live on Whitethorn Drive. Bar the bus strike exception, the 302 runs with excellent frequency. Every 20 mins for the majority of the day, and every half hour on Sundays.

I gave up using it years ago because I couldn't rely on it. Perhaps it's improved. If so, that's great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The 302 passes my house and as PetKing posted, it's very regular and reliable...has been for years.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Confirms my thoughts, my mother in law often uses it, and I've never heard a complaint from her.

You've never heard a complaint from your mother-in-law?

Advertisement