Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Council - application after 2017

Options
  • 23-05-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anybody know or have any experience with the new teaching council guidelines for registering after January 2017?

I am looking at maths modules with the open university to complete credits (the module codes are Posted on threads here from 2011) but when I rang to ask the teaching council if they would accept these they basically said they will not pre-assess courses - they told me "you either meet the criteria or you don't" which I felt was most unhelpful.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Lou.K wrote: »
    Does anybody know or have any experience with the new teaching council guidelines for registering after January 2017?

I am looking at maths modules with the open university to complete credits (the module codes are Posted on threads here from 2011) but when I rang to ask the teaching council if they would accept these they basically said they will not pre-assess courses - they told me "you either meet the criteria or you don't" which I felt was most unhelpful.

They always say that as they can't say for definite in case the course content changes at all or you don't do the correct modules. It's a pain but it's always been the case that unless you do one of the approved courses you have to do it first and then apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I posted my application from overseas last week. Not sure if they've received it yet. Prior to Dec 31st 2016 my course was listed as one of the accepted courses (subject to content). Now that my application is submitted in 2017 I'll have to wait and see. I've a feeling the waiting to hear is going to be tough :/

Advertisement