Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Diploma in Computing (DIT) or Higher diploma in Software Design and Developmen

Options
  • 23-05-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    I am a mature international student and have a bachelor degree in chemical engineering.  I have no relevant IT experience but i learned some programming languages via online sources. My goal is to extend my knowledge in Computing in a decent institution and maybe to stay in Ireland 1-2 years for an international work experience till I get back to my home country.
    I have applied for some courses in computing (higher diplomas mostly). I got offered for Hdip in Computing (DIT) and Hdip in Science (Software Development) (Maynooth uni).
    So far I have two offers and there is still no reply from NUIG.  Between DIT and Maynooth,  I prefer DIT 's course because it is followed by a 6 months work placement program after studies which is suitable for me since I have no intentions for academic studies.
    My main concern, the offer from DIT stands until May 31. If I don't hear a reply from NUIG until that time, should I accept the offer from DIT ? 
    Does it worth to take the risk for declining the offer from DIT to wait for an offer from NUIG? 
    From my readings, NUIG is a really good and prestigious university. Yet, DIT have good industry connections. 
    Could you please advise me how to proceed ? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Both are excellent institutions, but personally, I would rate DIT higher.

In my opinion, go with the DIT one, particularly because it has a work placement.

Advertisement