Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover text messages

Options
  • 23-05-2017 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to recover text messages that are stored in an encrypted backup. I have the backup file, I have an app for opening it. I remember what the encryption password is, but I can't get any further.

Does anyone know how I can get them?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi hope it's ok to bump this. I asked DuncanWooly to ask this for me.
    Is there any folk on boards.ie that could help me recover the content of these messages.

Basically I swiped right, my backups were all iCloud back-ups I believe as opposed to iTunes.

Dunc has a little more tech information in the OP about encryptions and the like which is way over my head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

So you have a backup in iTunes - could you restore your phone from this backup and get you texts then?

Hey thanks.

Yes I found a back-up from Nov on my iTunes on my laptop. So Duncwooly is gonna try restore my phone to that point 2moro and hopefully get the messages.

Then we just need the messages from December to Feb which is the oldest iCloud back up i have.

jamesd wrote: »
    So you have a backup in iTunes - could you restore your phone from this backup and get you texts then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

After the restore from iTunes you could backup the text messages using a text message backup app then restore your phone back from iCloud and restore the text messages back again with the app and have all that way.

I think I get what you mean. I'll report back 2moro helpfully with all the texts.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it :)
    jamesd wrote: »
    After the restore from iTunes you could backup the text messages, restore them back from iCloud and restore the text messages back again and have all that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement