Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 452 Style stock repair

Options
  • 23-05-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey lads,

You'll see in the attached photos, I've broken a chunk of the forend off the stock!!

I would like to repair it myslef, I'm thinking fiberglass and sand paper?

Anybody got any tips?
    ( I have been on youtube for hours and I can't find any videos of similar damage)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭sharkfox

You could cut it back and shape it again or clean it up and try match the other side to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rifter

sharkfox wrote: »
    You could cut it back and shape it again or clean it up and try match the other side to it.

I had thought of doing both of those, but I like the schnabel forend of the stock, so id like to repair the missing chunk if possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

If mine I'd prob buy some black Sugru, its a mouldable rubber adhesive ,that sets solid rubber it can be moulded and shaped when soft and even cut when set. Check it out on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

My recommendation would be use whatever it is that will hold and last that is available as in fiberglass or epoxy etc.. , file the contour to the way it originally was and then send the stock off to Gunhappy who runs small arms service to have the stock duracoated you would never be able to tell it had happened then. It will look ten times better after, he is professionally trained, quick and not expensive for the great work he dose.
    Trying to match the texture and color etc.. will otherwise be a nightmare.
    id recommend that you drill a small hole where you are going to fill it and add a small diameter pin that would be under the surface for extra support, you can use silver steel,drill rod or whatever along those lines.

Advertisement