Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats pee in garden

Options
  • 23-05-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys.In my back garden from time to time there is a strong smell of cats wee,I have a good size garden and can not pin point where the smell is coming from.I can not see any cats around but from time to time they may go across the back wall.I have spray my whole garden all the ways and ground , all around the shed as i do not know where they are peeing so i blasted everywhere with replant and still no joy.I have been told that chicken wire is a good deterant .Any thoughts on trying to get rid of cats and the smell of wee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Any chance you have box hedge (buxus) in your garden ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we have a plant - i think some sort of salvia - which smells like cat piss, but generally only if you brush against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Ha ha ! Yes, but box smells strongly of cat pee without touching it. Only at certain times of the year though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 foxy2017

Any chance you have box hedge (buxus) in your garden ?
    Hi no plants at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Its not exactly pee, its a Tom cat that has not been neutered " spraying" his wee scent on bushes or walls or even your back door.
    This is what happens when people don't neuter their pets

• Advertisement
Advertisement