Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collector Castleknock College

Options
  • 23-05-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi,

Had a chap around tonight allegedly collecting for Castleknock college trip to Africa...

Castleknock village/Auburn Avenue area

He is the spitting image of a chap I had around before christmas doing the same thing,,,same phrases, same appearance.

I'm pretty sure he is fake.

He says he is living locally in same estate

I will ring the college tomorrow to confirm

If its the same guy he must have scammed thousands

Be warned

faster better!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He could be genuine as they do collect for Africa trips - transition year students go on it.

https://www.castleknockcollege.ie/ambo-project/

"The college offers fifth year students an opportunity to spend two to three weeks working and living with the Vincentian community in Ambo, Ethiopia each July."

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Highly unlikely that they'll do door to door.

Fell for a scam last year when the fella tells me he's collecting for a boxing trip, and that he lived just around the corner in number 237. I looked at his card and noticed that a load of the neighbours had given him a few quid, so I gave him a fiver, wrote my details on the sponsorship card and went inside. As I walked in I was counting the houses on our road, and figured out that no 237 was a good pal of mines mothers house. Went straight back outside, where my next door neighbour was arguing the toss with the fella. I asked him the address again, he repeated it, and I told him he was lying to me and looked for my fiver back. Neighbour tells me the card showed I paid a tenner. Got my fiver back. Chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

There was a guy, possibly 15/16 I'm told, doing the same thing in Deerpark last month. He said he was collecting for some trip for Castleknock College and living at 60 Deerpark Road, which was a lie according to the actual residents in number 60. He was challenged by some of the residents there and said he didn't know who the principal of the college was and that the college had nothing to do with the group that were travelling.

On being found out that he didn't live where he claimed, the guy through a stone at the car of the resident who confronted him and roared that he'd be back to the house later.

The Guards were notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

OP Update

I checked with the college earlier
    They do not collect door to door for this project
    I'm not the first person to report this in recent weeks
    I should notify the guards....

faster better

Advertisement