Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing

Options
  • 23-05-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Dublin City Council were going to be the developer of social housing in Wicklow. Has anyone heard this?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nolllaig

There is 42 social housing units planned in Bray in Kilbride lane http://www.bray.ie/8125/ last I heard they were going to start last October but no sign of any work starting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I believe it was that Dublin City Council was tendering for several social housing projects, one of which was in Wicklow Town.
    Development consisting of 51 units consisting of 19 no 1 bed units, 22 no 2 bed units and 10 no 3 bed units,
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/17404/0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Why is the Dublin city council putting a council estate in Wicklow Town?

Is Dublin full?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Why is the Dublin city council putting a council estate in Wicklow Town?

Is Dublin full?

They are a partner in the development

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Surely DCC have enough land in their own catchment area to fund S&A housing there.
    Are they investing here because housing is cheaper and they have targets to meet or are they planning to house people from Dublin in Wicklow and elsewhere.... or a combination of the foregoing?

Seems a bit bizarre to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Back in the day, they used to send them to Botany Bay, but that's not allowed any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Just to clear any confusion up, DCC is the body which is tendering for the project but they will have nothing to do with the running of the social housing in Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

So this this mean DCC workers will be traveling out to Wicklow to build the houses?
    Or do DCC normally subcontract the work out to private contractors anyway?
    If the latter, whats the point of them applying for the tender, or do they intend to make a profit from the price they charge WCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Boaty wrote: »
    Just to clear any confusion up, DCC is the body which is tendering for the project but they will have nothing to do with the running of the social housing in Wicklow.

But they will be transporting south some of their social housing 'customers'.

It has been done in the past.

That estate is already a sh*thole & the plot of land being built on is a mini-landfill as residents of the council estate alongside throw their waste over the wall.

I'm sure another 50 houses imported from the capital's finest will go down a treat for our small town.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 goodvibes

Hello There

Just looking for some info on Rent supplement & Hap I'm looking to rent an apartment or small house in Dublin or Wicklow ....which do Landlords prefer The Hap or Rent supplement ? going by the posts here it seems not Hap ? any info on renting with either would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance....

• Advertisement
Advertisement