Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly NSFW - Moderation not being carried out across-the-board

Options
  • 24-05-2017 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

Am finding it very difficult trying to navigate around this Forum, I don't know where I'm supposed to post. Apologies if posted in the wrong place. It's not about a Ban, it's not about a specific Moderator's actual decision, it's more about Moderation in general. Or lack of it, in this Post.

And actually I'm here waiting patiently but I see this was posted a day ago!

So! Anyone like to tell me why nothing has been done about it?!?

Or why are there only some Threads and Forums being moderated and not all. It's plain to see clear as day!
    1) Counter-ranting.
    2) Attacking Poster.
    3) Abusive/cat-calling etc.

Also, I think it is pretty poor and abysmal that a Moderator of yere Site could be so explosive and should be able to handle themselves better if they can't post and reply in a more controlled manner! It gives yere Site a bad reputation i.m.v.

And then when you have Counter-ranting and things going Off-topic; -
    I can't defend myself or reply as I'd be going against the Ethos of the Thread, but I never said one word about Rape. Nobody should ever be raped and by twisting my post like this and taking things out of context; - this Poster is implying I think Women have only themselves to blame. See how this has gone off-kilter so spectacularly when ye havn't stepped in and nipped it in the Bud. In fact, I think I had initially written something like get what you deserved but I knew that wasn't what I meant really. A whole world of trouble is a myriad of things. It's not exhaustive! Situational or behavioural or customary elements aside, - I'm entitled to think things for whatever way I think them, but that doesn't mean that being raped is what a Victim deserves. I'm going to think what I'm going to think. People are going to dress act and do as they like! Thinking things one way is going to happen, things being done any number of ways is going to happen. But most definitely Rape shouldn't even exist and it's not deserved and it's certainly not the Victim's fault! I've actually reached a point now where I don't know why I'm explaining myself!

And then when there's no Moderation, - you have; - tit-for-tat and replies for replies and being childish and pathetic and it spirals when ye don't reign it in and moderate it.
    For eg: in this post.
    It's an Avatar!!! No Avatar on a Screen has anything got to do with a real person walking around on a Street!
    An Avatar is Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry different than walking around like so in real life like here
    !! And here.
    And here. And here. And here.

TL;DR It's all right there. There's no getting out of it or avoiding it! There's nothing to debate or question on it! It's plain to see clear as day!! 1) Counter-ranting. 2) Attacking Poster. And 3) Abusive/cat-calling etc. NEEDS MODDING!!

Aside from the lack of Modding - FOR SOMEONE TO IMPLY MY POST IS ABOUT RAPE BEING THE VICTIM'S OWN FAULT IS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO. THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

FOR SOMEONE TO IMPLY MY POST IS ABOUT RAPE BEING THE VICTIM'S OWN FAULT IS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO. THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    But no. If you dress like that and you know they're that see-through, - you're only looking for trouble, being totally mis-leading to a guy as well like! Just. NO!
    Are you seriously saying that people like yourself, who blamed the victim, should be banned?

That you are saying that you yourself should be banned?

How odd!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hang on a minute there with all the allegations about poor moderation, if you'd care to look at the post in question you'll see that the poster was infracted an hour before you started this thread. It may not have been dealt with as quickly as you may have liked, presumably because there were no mods around, but it has been dealt with. I should also point out that the other poster you mention also received a card for their post.

I would suggest that the next time you have a query about a post you've reported you try PMing the forum mods first instead of starting a bunch of vague threads in Feedback and then posting an unwarranted rant about poor moderation here.

I rarely post on feedback threads but this one has got my attention.

Ranting and Raving is a forum I don't often frequent. Now and then I think "I'll post about something that's driving me mad" but then I'll realise it won't do me any good and others might get the wrong end of the stick or maybe I won't be able to stop myself from countering a rant.

Missth, the last few lines of your post don't mention rape at all but I completely understand why you got some posters backs up. The last thing I want to look at when I'm walking around is another woman's lady bits through her barely there leggings. But I haven't a clue how they would be misleading to men or even looking for trouble. In the same way as my cleavage on a night out is not misleading to men or looking for trouble.

Sometimes we can take things to heart a bit on here and react strongly. We might feel aggrieved and want to lash out. Maybe have a read back over your OP here and your one in R&R. Moderation is not at fault here missth. You posted something and were called out on it. Then they were actioned for calling you on it.

Life is short :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement