Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should vendors leave bins for buyers or remove them?

Options
  • 24-05-2017 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

20 years ago when the council collected all bins I guess when you sold a house you left the bins behind....

I am buying a house in the next few days and I have noticed that the vendors, who use a different bin company to me, have left their bins behind. I'm not being fussy getting them to remove these bins before I buy am I? Why should I have to go through the hassle of getting rid of them?

Wouldnt it now be standard to remove bins and let buyers sort our their own waste collection?

Comments

Presumably the bin company will collect those bins from that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

I had the same situation when i moved in to my house a couple of years ago. Previous owners used Greyhound, I use City Bin. I just rang up Greyhound after we moved in and told them to collect their bins from my house. All done and dusted with no fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Presumably the bin company will collect those bins from that house.

Not unless they are asked. They don't do it off their own bat.

I have spent months of my life trying to get Greyhound to pick up old bins, it can be horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The bins belong to the waste company, so the previous owner can't just take them away. They might think they're doing you a favour in leaving you the bins, especially if it's an area where there is no choice in bin company.

Advertisement