If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 49KU6400 Alternatives

Options
  • 24-05-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I had my eyes on the Samsung 49KU6400 TV but saw in another thread and on your site that it's no longer available. Are there any other 49-55" sets you would recommend of similar quality in the 600 - 800 range? I like the 49MU6400 but it's slightly out of budget. 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Getronicle,

thnaks for the post and yep, unfortunately the Samsung UE49KU6400's just flew when they went on special! ( It was a mega price!)  We do have the 40" version - the UE40KU6400 still available at just £449 / €549 .

If you wanted a quality 4K ultra HD TV without paying over the odds the Panasonic TX50DX700 is a great buy at just £579 / €729 - the DX7 series is really well built and the PQ is really superb:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201898-viera-tx50dx700b.aspx

I haven't played with the Samsung UE49MU6400 personally yet but its a good bit more expensive than the run out model the UE49KU6400 at £769 / €949 but I can do you a Boardie special on it at £749 / €899 if you wanted to get the V latest model.

Thanks again and dont hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Hi Getronicle,

thnaks for the post and yep, unfortunately the Samsung UE49KU6400's just flew when they went on special! ( It was a mega price!)  We do have the 40" version - the UE40KU6400 still available at just £449 / €549 .

If you wanted a quality 4K ultra HD TV without paying over the odds the Panasonic TX50DX700 is a great buy at just £579 / €729 - the DX7 series is really well built and the PQ is really superb:

I haven't played with the Samsung UE49MU6400 personally yet but its a good bit more expensive than the run out model the UE49KU6400 at £769 / €949 but I can do you a Boardie special on it at £749 / €899 if you wanted to get the V latest model.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for the prompt reply.

How does the TX50DX700 compare to the 49KU4900 (or 40KU6400) in terms of colours and motion? I quite like the vividness in the Samsung panel but if the Panasonic is close it looks like a contender.
    Is €729 the lowest price available and can it be shipped to Dublin?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Getronicle wrote: »
    Hi Getronicle,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for the prompt reply.

How does the TX50DX700 compare to the 49KU4900 (or 40KU6400) in terms of colours and motion? I quite like the vividness in the Samsung panel but if the Panasonic is close it looks like a contender.
    Is €729 the lowest price available and can it be shipped to Dublin?

Thanks
    Hi Getronicle,

We had both of these TVs on display in the store and personally I preferred the colour on the Panasonic. It has a better contrast ratio and the panel is more natural. It also has a higher refresh rate so the motion processing is very good.

729 Euro would be the best price but it includes a 6 year guarantee and shipping to Dublin.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Hi David, thanks for the info. PM sent.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Getronicle wrote: »
    Hi David, thanks for the info. PM sent.
    Will get back to you asap.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.