Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP printer - one use only?

Options
  • 24-05-2017 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭

I have a HP Photosmart desktop printer, meant to be wireless but hasn't worked wirelessly for ages, but that's a thread for another day. One that cost me about €80 maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

I recently had to get a new laptop, and have been trying to install the software on it with the CD - but when it prompts me to press install, all I have shown is an option to "Close This Program". No "Install" button to be seen anywhere.

Are these things one-use-only? Or is there any other reason why the "Install" option wouldn't show?

I think there is an option to set-up/install wirelessly - but the wireless bit gave up years ago and I've had to use the printer connected by USB the whole time (which is no problem).

Any ideas why I'm not able to install the driver software?

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Installation software may be incompatible with your new operating system.

Disconnect the printer, download new drivers / software from hp website, install that, connect printer - should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The driver might not be compatible with the OS version on your laptop. You can download up-to-date drivers from the HP website:

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers

Minikin was faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Genius!

I'd have been a long, long time thinking of that by myself :o:D

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

If it hasn't been used in several years, I'm guessing that the cartridges and ink dispensers will be blocked too. You could try cleaning the heads, although it's a very long time to leave an inkjet standing..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

tedpan wrote: »
    If it hasn't been used in several years, I'm guessing that the cartridges and ink dispensers will be blocked too. You could try cleaning the heads, although it's a very long time to leave an inkjet standing..

Printer has been in regular (if occasional) use. Just the laptop got upgraded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    Printer has been in regular (if occasional) use. Just the laptop got upgraded!

Ahhh ok :) you're good to go then. If you have any issues with the new install, let me know

Advertisement