Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incremental credit application query

Options
  • 24-05-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I have submitted an application for incremental credit to my ETB for recognition of service in Adult Ed (same ETB) under BTEI programmes from 2006 till 2012. I had full hours for those 6 years. During that period I completed my dip (2010) & registered with the teaching council in 2012. In 2012 I started teaching in a second level school and was placed on the pre 2011 rate on point 3 of the scale. A colleague and I were chatting recently and he advised that I should apply for incremental credit for recognition of the years 2006 to 2012. I applied in March and aside from an acknowledgement of my application have heard nothing since. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar application and was it successful and if the time frame of 2 months plus is normal or should I contact them? Thanks in advance, I find this forum very useful to keep up to date with various topics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

Hi Grayscale,
    if my experience is anything to go by, I found ringing HR (or whoever you sent the form to) in your ETB actually pays off. The usual 'squeaky wheel gets the oil' principle seems to work in this regard. When I submitted any such application, after a while I start to wonder on any progress, I called and even if I just left a message normally after a few days I get a response on the the application status. State that you are checking that you filled in the form correctly and offer to clarify anything that they may not understand. Good luck with the application!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 grayscale

Thank you for your kind & helpful reply. I will call HR and do exactly as you suggest next week. I suppose I am hoping that no news is good news in that they have not refused the application outright .. I wonder has any other person got recognition of BTEI hours for incremental purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liam lll

grayscale wrote: »
    Thank you for your kind & helpful reply. I will call HR and do exactly as you suggest next week. I suppose I am hoping that no news is good news in that they have not refused the application outright .. I wonder has any other person got recognition of BTEI hours for incremental purposes?
    Hello, just wondering did you ever have those hours recognised? I have always been told that BTEI hours don't count ...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

I'd say the hours s/he completed once they had the Dip from 2010 counted...I have been repeatedly told that "unqualified" service doesn't count, yet experience as a SNA does count?!

Liam lll wrote: »
    Hello, just wondering did you ever have those hours recognised? I have always been told that BTEI hours don't count ...

Advertisement