Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Sim not working in 3 mobile

Options
  • 24-05-2017 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently found my old pay as you go 3 sim card which I haven't used for many years. Wanting to see my old photos I purchased a cheap NEC phone on the 3 network. However my 3 sim didn't work. The only photos and texts which appear are those from the previous phones owner and I assume that these are stored on the phone. This phone is definitely on 3 as the 3 logo appears when the phone is turned on and a text message in the inbox says 'welcome to three'. Strangely this phone must recognize my sim to some degree because when I take my sim out and turn on the phone a message reads 'No USIM card present' I have made sure that my sim is clean and free from dust. I have also tried this sim in unlocked phones but still I can't access the sim. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Images are never stored on the SIM. Contacts can be but dont have to be.

Also that sim is probably deactivated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tictac18g

I recently found my old pay as you go 3 sim card which I haven't used for many years. Wanting to see my old photos I purchased a cheap NEC phone on the 3 network. However my 3 sim didn't work. The only photos and texts which appear are those from the previous phones owner and I assume that these are stored on the phone. This phone is definitely on 3 as the 3 logo appears when the phone is turned on and a text message in the inbox says 'welcome to three'. Strangely this phone must recognize my sim to some degree because when I take my sim out and turn on the phone a message reads 'No USIM card present' I have made sure that my sim is clean and free from dust. I have also tried this sim in unlocked phones but still I can't access the sim. Can anyone help?

3 network took over o2 network several years ago.
    I think they takes advantage of both networks internally without letting know what the network has applied on the sim card.
    Both sim cards look same, but the sim number has different and it won't switch able between them.

Your SIM number will be 19 digits long. If your new SIM does not start with 8935305, please return to your local store to confirm whether you have the right SIM.
    http://www.three.ie/activate-my-sim/step-3/

8935305... -> three network
    895???.... -> o2 network

Advertisement