Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Triathlon June 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Must enter. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

in for it, a lot of the liquid motion crew in for it from what i can gather

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

16 so far from Liquid motion , great to see a lot of the "nearly" locals doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Signed up last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭El Director

When exactly is it closing toomuchdetail?? Looks class.

• Advertisement

El Director We had planned to close it Tuesday night but we have a couple of requests to extend it to the weekend for month end salary people which is ok .

Hi toomuchdetail. I missed the deadline. Is there a way to get a transfer or get on a waiting list?

woody1
    TheBazMan
    pgibbo
    BTH
    catweazle
    ElDirector

Anyone else in for this? Weather forecast is good :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

pgibbo wrote: »
    Weather forecast is good :cool:

Two layers of sunscreen so........

Practically no training done and nearly a stone put on since Salthill! I'll just have to pace myself accordingly :)

• Advertisement

turned my ankle on yesterdays run.. bit of bruising on it, sore but ok.. will definitely still swim and bike.. run will come down to how it feels on saturday.. hopefully the cold water in westport will numb it for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Well, if we're getting our excuses in early....
    I've had a little bit of a sore throat and some tiny mouth ulcers on my tongue this week....

Really, I have no excuses (yet). Swimming at least 2sec per 100 quicker than I was 2 weeks ago, and running and biking better as well.

Hopefully I don't regret those words on Sat.

not aiming to even try to compete with anyone here.. when im at the point of measuring swimming improvements in seconds rather than minutes.. then maybe ..
    presume the faster waves are going to go off first ?

The waves seem to be off every few minutes but I havent seen anything as yet to suggest who is in what wave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

woody1
    TheBazMan
    pgibbo
    BTH
    catweazle
    ElDirector

Anyone else in for this? Weather forecast is good :cool:

Best of luck lads

well done to bth and pgibbo finishing so high up.. sorry lads i dont know the rest of yer names to find ye on the results
    i had a good / funny day .. 1.21 something but that doesnt tell the full story.. swim was ok.. bike was going well but as i came around the pub corner towards transition i saw one of our guys on the ground .. so i stopped and ran back .. after some persuasion from my better half who id just passed on the bike .. between one thing and another a good few minutes passed before we left and headed back to transition and then when i did get out running i just took it handy round it ..
    but going on rough calculations my bike was going well .. and i was happy with the 5k time for the effort i was giving it .. ****e transitions but then whats new .. few things to work on but encouraged for the next one ..
    all in all though i enjoyed it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

woody1 wrote: »
    well done to bth and pgibbo finishing so high up.. sorry lads i dont know the rest of yer names to find ye on the results
    i had a good / funny day .. 1.21 something but that doesnt tell the full story.. swim was ok.. bike was going well but as i came around the pub corner towards transition i saw one of our guys on the ground .. so i stopped and ran back .. after some persuasion from my better half who id just passed on the bike .. between one thing and another a good few minutes passed before we left and headed back to transition and then when i did get out running i just took it handy round it ..
    but going on rough calculations my bike was going well .. and i was happy with the 5k time for the effort i was giving it .. ****e transitions but then whats new .. few things to work on but encouraged for the next one ..
    all in all though i enjoyed it ..

Hope your friend was ok. Fair play not everybody would have stopped.

Great day, just over 1:10 for me so a 7min PB. Delighted with that.

Hope your friend was ok. Fair play not everybody would have stopped.

yeah he was grand .. bit of a cut but nothing serious.. few from the club stopped , in fairness to them...

Great event. I would highly recommend it. Huge numbers from Belpark and Piranha there. It was great being able to have a hot shower and some damn tasty soup, sourdough, pasta & pizza after. Great weather too and a beautiful location. The run around Westport House was a lot lumpier than I expected but was a nice route.

Con Doherty was untouchable.

I'll definitely be back. Well done to Tommie and all at Westport TC. Marshalls and support crew were all very helpful and friendly. Kudos to all.

• Advertisement

Great event. I would highly recommend it. Huge numbers from Belpark and Piranha there. It was great being able to have a hot shower and some damn tasty soup, sourdough, pasta & pizza after. Great weather too and a beautiful location. The run around Westport House was a lot lumpier than I expected but was a nice route.

Con Doherty was untouchable.

I'll definitely be back. Well done to Tommie and all at Westport TC. Marshalls and support crew were all very helpful and friendly. Kudos to all.

and then he went and won a bike race later in the day !!

and then he went and won a bike race later in the day !!

Indeed, he won the A1 cat in the Criterium in Galway. Animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

The run around Westport House was a lot lumpier than I expected but was a nice route.

That's a very fast time for a lumpy run! Great going pgibbo!

Top event. So well organised, so many marshals/volunteers and a huge thank you to all. Gibbo said it all ready but the spread of food and hot shower after was very, very welcome. Great weather too :) The run course was lovely, nice testy hill after 1km which, although I died, has to be welcomed.

Well done Tommie and all involved, all going well next year this will be the first tri on my 2018 calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

yeah he was grand .. bit of a cut but nothing serious.. few from the club stopped , in fairness to them...

I was having a little seesaw battle with your friend on the bike. i was just ahead of him when he came down. Good to hear he's okay, i chatted to him later after the race on the way back to transition and he seemed in great humor.

I missed a PB by 1 second a day before my 40th

Not bad after a 2 week holiday in France, so happy out.

Congratulations to Westport Triclub. I was there for the first 2 years it has been run but haven't been back since this year due to other commitments. I'll be definitely returning.

I really like a Saturday race as you can make a proper weekend out of it and celebrate on the Saturday night.

Delighted you all enjoyed , lots of work went into it but the positive feedback drives us to improve. We even arranged a Lotto win on Saturday night for the harbor store at the Quay ...check you tickets

Advertisement