Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

58" Panasonic TX-58DX900E £1,779

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Thats a good price for that tv,which gets great reviews.unfortunately,the same cant be said for the website selling it.no way would i risk spending a big sum of money on that site.i have never used it,but going by trust pilot it looks a bit of a mickey mouse job

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/uk.trustpilot.com/amp/review/www.alza.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

The link to trust pilot is already posted above..

Richer sounds all the way, they're the best

It's also 200e cheaper than the original deal in Ireland. Panasonic store .ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

I have that TV and the picture can be incredible but....
    Lots of dark areas on the screen especially when viewing at a slight angle
    Lots of halo-ing during dark scenes due to the honeycomb style backlight arrangement.
    Its awful for playing media from USB (unable to play a LOT of 4K HDR stuff I've downloaded, and much of the 1080p stuff it can't play the sound - I bought an nVidia Shield to make up for these).
    A good few stuck pixels around the screen.
    The OS, while very good, is now discontinued and it's appstore is terrible.

For the price I paid, I probably should have waited for the 2017 lineup before shelling out (I bought in November).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Gadge wrote: »
    Lots of halo-ing during dark scenes due to the honeycomb style backlight arrangement.
    Its awful for playing media from USB (unable to play a LOT of 4K HDR stuff I've downloaded, and much of the 1080p stuff it can't play the sound - I bought an nVidia Shield to make up for these).

For the price I paid, I probably should have waited for the 2017 lineup before shelling out (I bought in November).

That's a hell of a lot of negatives for a ?2K TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

dodzy wrote: »
    Gadge wrote: »

That's a hell of a lot of negatives for a ?2K TV.

A lot of people don't want to see the flaws in their set after shelling out €2k. Fair play to Gadge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have the model under this the TX58DX802B.

Its my 2nd Ultra HD TV just don't ask about the LG and Power City.

Fantastic TV, Pitture is something else on 4K HDR Films, Works great with the PS4 Pro. Netflix looks great on it.

I dont care about app stores or TV OS. AS i dont use it at all never seen the need for smart tvs as i just use my PS4 or xbox one if need to use stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

€1800 TV is a bargain?

The boom is back, baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Soarer wrote: »
    A lot of people don't want to see the flaws in their set after shelling out €2k. Fair play to Gadge.

Maybe it's something 99% of people would not notice but I can be very picky with TVs :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement