Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Guys what happened in love Island last night tv3 pace, my Internet is crap so cant watch the catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

fin12 wrote: »
    Guys what happened in love Island last night tv3 pace, my Internet is crap so cant watch the catch up.

Tv3 pace was the baby episode. They were each give a baby to deal with for the day. Then for most of the afternoon the girls went out for lunch. Where Gabby ended up in tears because of her failed lie detector test from the previous day and how she didn't like the reaction when she came out. For most of the time Chris may as well have been a single dad as Olivia didn't want much to do with the baby the key thing being she named him "Cash because it's money", shows what's on her mind everyday ;) . Alex and Montana neglected their child and left it
    crying while they had sex. Sam and Georgia, Kem and Amber failed the task but because the majority passed they got a glitter party. The Sam and Georgia failing the task wasn't suorising as Sam was not interested at all he just left the baby lounging on the sunbed and then put him into the pool to cool down, whereas on the opposite end of the spectrum Chris was in tears because he felt like a dad :D , putting a suncream and a hat on the child. Then the dumping from the island and in the bottom 3 was Marcel and Gabby, Alex and Montana and Sam and Georgia. Sam and Georgia were then dumped.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm actually surprised I remembered all that as I watched it 2 days ago on ITV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Not a lot..
    They were given "babies" to be parents to..
    The ladies were sent out to lunch while the guys minded the kids.
    The ladies thrashed out the Gaby Montana Georgia misunderstanding.
    Sam put the baby in the pool:D
    Sam Georgia,kem and Amber failed as parents.
    They had a glitter party and then 1 couple was evicted, Sam and Georgia

Thanks Guys.

Does ITV and TV3 broadcast at the same time at night. Or would itv +1. I was thinking could I watch tonight episode on tv3 and then watch the next episode on itv after??

• Advertisement

Does ITV and TV3 broadcast at the same time at night. Or would itv +1. I was thinking could I watch tonight episode on tv3 and then watch the next episode on itv after??

You would need to watch the next episode on itv2 +1 as they are both on at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The plebs over at TV3 are going to show the final live on Monday by putting on an extra show on Sunday to catch up.

They had 7 weeks to catch up.....

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The plebs over at TV3 are going to show the final live on Monday by putting on an extra show on Sunday to catch up.

They had 7 weeks to catch up.....

You would think that they would just put an episode on tomorrow and then have Sundays and Mondays final on the same pace as itv mind you they could have done this 7 weeks ago as you said

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Who do we think is going to win?

I would guess Kem and Amber at this stage or Camilla and Jamie.
    Really have gone off Gabby and Montana lately.
    Chris is great but him and Liv together are toxic as previously discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Who do we think is going to win?

I would guess Kem and Amber at this stage or Camilla and Jamie.
    Really have gone off Gabby and Montana lately.
    Chris is great but him and Liv together are toxic as previously discussed.

IMO Camilla and Jamie but always felt Chris might edge it despite Oliva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Anyone else feel from their date last night that Camilla is way more into Jamie than he is into her? I felt it cringey watching her pour her heart out saying that she's the happiest she has been in a long time and its because of him. I actually thought at one stage that she was going to say she loved him. And then her one of the scale to the other end behaviour, with originally being too much of a prude to even kiss a guy to having sex on tv. I genuinely liked her at the start, now I'm gone right off and find everything about her very grating, even to the point of getting irritated by her stupid pointy toed blue shoes that she never stops wearing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

Loved Montana & Camilla at the start and couldn't stand Chris. Complete turn around now.

Chris & Kem are the only decemt twosome in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Amber and Kem FTW for a couple of reasons. Kem is the life and soul in terms of humour, his and Chris's bromance is a laugh. Amber seemingly has matured a lot.. if she hasn't and it is all an act then put her in the west end right now!.

Chris and Olivia can't win cos of Olivia
    Gabby and Marce let themselves down badly esp her... I don't think they last 2 weeks outside, she's 'just not that into him' imho.
    Montana has turned into a snake and he other half who seems sound is just too dull
    Camilla's Princess Di BS has worn thin and I'm not sure Jamie is as keen as she. Can't see him going to work in refugee camps in Syria

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

i think Kem and Amber deserve it the most. Most consistent couple, Kem is very likable, Amber not so much but together they are cute and imo the tow that genuinely like each other.

Jamie is a serious hottie but Camilla is a total drip…if they were all like her it'd be a seriously boring programme to watch.

I actually love Chris and Liv' i think they're gas. They won't last IMO but make great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ratmouse wrote: »
    Anyone else feel from their date last night that Camilla is way more into Jamie than he is into her? I felt it cringey watching her pour her heart out saying that she's the happiest she has been in a long time and its because of him. I actually thought at one stage that she was going to say she loved him. And then her one of the scale to the other end behaviour, with originally being too much of a prude to even kiss a guy to having sex on tv. I genuinely liked her at the start, now I'm gone right off and find everything about her very grating, even to the point of getting irritated by her stupid pointy toed blue shoes that she never stops wearing!!

I agree, I don't think he's into her. He's not even really pretending. I did think "oh please shhh" too when she was saying she'd never been so happy and he responded with his usual pained "I'm so tired of life" insipid smile.
    When he talks about her invariably sounds like he's her mental health care worker or something.
    Alex: Camilla is really into you!!
    Jamie: She's coming out of her shell, everyday she's coming a little further out of that shell.
    That's the only thing he ever says about her.

I haven't gone off her, I think she's clearly a little neurotic and eccentric, I thought her mum seemed a bit the same. I'd love if she found happiness, I do think she's been brave and put her heart on the line and at least discussed her insecurities and humiliation. At least she's given us that and a lot of people relate to it. I feel like maybe her having sex on tv is a result of her being so down, then someone picked her up again and she thought "wow I better show him I'm interested, this is how it works".

I have to say I've found him as dull as dishwater. I think she'll be way better off without him. Definitely don't see him being passionate about charity work in Africa once he's guested at a club or two.

Oh, actually there was a very cringey moment on TV today with Montana and Alex. They were being interviewed on one of the breakfast shows and she came across really sharp.

First Q was are they disappointed to be out and she responded by saying that she thought Alex was not a strong personality and the public clearly didn't connect with him and that's what happened. He, of course, parroted back then taking full responsibility for it.

During that he said "I love the girl so it's all ok, I'm happy". Then they asked her if she was closer to feeling she loved him and she said "No, I just don't love Alex now".

Then they were asked how they'd manage with the distance, would the be seeing each other lots and move closer in time. He said yeah of course, she said "oh no it'll be fine, I've been seeing people all over the country, distance makes the heart grow fonder!"

She did not come over well, seemed far too strident and sure of herself and he seemed like a puppy in the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Can I just ask what time is it on and finish at tonight please ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eirampun

9 till half ten on 3e!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

eirampun wrote: »
    9 till half ten on 3e!

Thank you very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I think I'd like to see Kem & Amber win. I'm not a huge fan of Amber but I think they're the best couple. I'd like to say that I don't think Chris and Olivia would win it, but the year Jess and Max won it I don't think the public was too keen on Jess - she was pure fake to the core... But I think they loved Max....
    I do actually think Gabby is into Marcel and I bet they'll make it work outside.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Jamie is really that into Camilla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Kem and Chris as winning couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Very happy with the winners. :D

I thought the show was lovely tonight! I didn't really mind who won but I think it played out nicely.

That said, didn't Marcel look GUTTED? He looked like the rug was completely pulled. I'd love to have known what was going through his head. I wonder if was thinking "uh oh, does everyone think Gabby's faking it but me?" or had he is eye on the prize all along and was just devastated he didn't win?

After me giving out about Jamie here earlier his speech was really,really beautiful. It felt like he really saw her, all her vulnerabilities and the little braveries that come with them and liked them all. He kind of stole that part of the show for me. I wasn't expecting it.
    If he talked like that to me I could probably actually put up with banal underwear model good looks and his "tired of life" smile. :o

Now what the hell do we all do at 9pm though? I'm going to need a support group.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great series, the lads completely dominated the show bar Jamie and Alex.

I think the public were more into Chris/Kem that their respective couples and we all know the real star of the show was Cash Hughes.

There is a serious hole in the nightly TV schedule now that it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I thought the show was lovely tonight! I didn't really mind who won but I think it played out nicely.

That said, didn't Marcel look GUTTED? He looked like the rug was completely pulled. I'd love to have known what was going through his head. I wonder if was thinking "uh oh, does everyone think Gabby's faking it but me?" or had he is eye on the prize all along and was just devastated he didn't win?

After me giving out about Jamie here earlier his speech was really,really beautiful. It felt like he really saw her, all her vulnerabilities and the little braveries that come with them and liked them all. He kind of stole that part of the show for me. I wasn't expecting it.
    If he talked like that to me I could probably actually put up with banal underwear model good looks and his "tired of life" smile. :o

Now what the hell do we all do at 9pm though? I'm going to need a support group.

Noticed that too... Marcel & Gabby looked v money hungry and were in total shock that they came 'last' out of who was left. The only couple that could possibly be in love after all that is Kem & Amber, I give the rest of em max a mth.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Brilliant ending! I really hope there is a show a few weeks down the line to see how they are all getting on! In the end Kem and Amber were definitely the best couple. I think Liv's behaviour in the past few weeks ruined it for her and Chris. Gabby has shown her true colours in the past three weeks or so and I think Marcel might be catching on to that. I'm happy that Camilla and Jamie came second but I just don't think they have the personalities for glam mag interviews and breakfast tv shows if they were to win.

I'm so sad it's over! The cast this year was perfect. It will be hard to top it!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

smeal wrote: »
    Brilliant ending! I really hope there is a show a few weeks down the line to see how they are all getting on!

There's a reunion show on Sunday or Monday night (I cant remember which) but I'd say that'll be the height of it unfortunately, dunno how I'm going to cope without it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

buswankers wrote: »
    There's a reunion show on Sunday or Monday night (I cant remember which) but I'd say that'll be the height of it unfortunately, dunno how I'm going to cope without it!

Reunion show is Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I can see Chris and Kem being offered Celebrity Big Brother.

Without the pair of them, there would have been no show!

Advertisement