Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Eir contract via Sky - absolute mess

Options
  • 24-05-2017 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

We recently cancelled home phone/broadband with Eir - but this was done via Sky,

Reason for this is because my Dad passed away, and was the account owner.

My mum is elderly, and incapacitated, all she has is her phone and TV - and thought that switching to Sky would consolidate payments and give her a cheaper monthly bill,

However - she has been hit with a big bill from Eir, and now you guys have cut off the service totally,

So she is left with a contract with Sky, and no service into the house, and now they want to install something else, 

Its an absolute mess, is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi,

We recently cancelled home phone/broadband with Eir - but this was done via Sky,

Reason for this is because my Dad passed away, and was the account owner.

My mum is elderly, and incapacitated, all she has is her phone and TV - and thought that switching to Sky would consolidate payments and give her a cheaper monthly bill,

However - she has been hit with a big bill from Eir, and now you guys have cut off the service totally,

So she is left with a contract with Sky, and no service into the house, and now they want to install something else, 

Its an absolute mess, is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance
    Hi offalguy25,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Firstly, I'd like to offer my condolence to your Dad. 

If the account was in contract before moving to another provider, there then would be early cancellation charges. However, please feel free to PM me your details and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Advertisement