Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Validity of Mortgage Offer

Options
  • 24-05-2017 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

I have recently been approved for a mortgage with BOI. It has a validity of 6 months.

What happens at the end of this time if I haven't found something suitable? Do I have to go through the whole process again, or....? (Please tell me it's just a formality getting it extended on the assumption circumstances haven't changed!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

I have recently been approved for a mortgage with BOI. It has a validity of 6 months.

What happens at the end of this time if I haven't found something suitable? Do I have to go through the whole process again, or....? (Please tell me it's just a formality getting it extended on the assumption circumstances haven't changed!)
    Hi Squall Leonhart,

Thanks for getting in contact with us. Once the 6 month time frame is up you would need to apply for a mortgage again as we would need to review all details of the application again.

Thanks again.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TDS5272

My mortgage offer expires in December,however my house is in the process of being built + will only be completed next year. I know I will have to reapply for a mortgage.
    My question is:
    What if myself or my husband changed jobs,how would that affect our application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

TDS5272 wrote: »
    My mortgage offer expires in December,however my house is in the process of being built + will only be completed next year. I know I will have to reapply for a mortgage.
    My question is:
    What if myself or my husband changed jobs,how would that affect our application?
    Hello TDS5272,

Thanks for your post.

As you will need to reapply for your Mortgage, any changes or amendments made to your existing application will be taken into consideration, as if it were a brand new application.

You can visit the online Mortgage centre here, which include some articles that might be of some help to you.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TDS5272

My question is:
    Hello TDS5272,

Thanks for your post.

As you will need to reapply for your Mortgage, any changes or amendments made to your existing application will be taken into consideration, as if it were a brand new application.

You can visit the online Mortgage centre here, which include some articles that might be of some help to you.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Thanks Jane.
    When changing employment so soon before reapplying for a mortgage,will all of my salary be taken into account or just a percentage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

My question is:
    Hello TDS5272,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Thanks Jane.
    When changing employment so soon before reapplying for a mortgage,will all of my salary be taken into account or just a percentage.
    Hi TDS5272,

Thanks for your reply. Your full salary will be taken into consideration along with any incomings or outgoings you may have aswell.

Please let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks
    Jane.  

• Advertisement
Advertisement