Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Money In The Bank 2017 (Spoilers)

• 24-05-2017 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭

Smackdown lives Money In The Bank PPV takes place Sunday June 18th from St Louis

confirmed matches

MITB Match- Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Aj Styles vs Baron Corbin vs Sami Zayn

World Title match- Jinder Mahel (C) vs Randy Orton

SD womens championship- Naomi (C) vs TBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dont think having the case would suite Nakamura, Ziggler or Zayn winning would be yawn, Corbin could be a good winner but KO or Styles winning would be awsome and they would be really teasing bastards ??

hard to knw will Orton win back the title in his hometown ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was kind of hoping the women were going to be put in a MitB match as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was kind of hoping the women were going to be put in a MitB match as well

For once theres enough senior women across the 2 brands to do a 6 or 8 woman mitb, would be something different

Was it ever explained why Raw doesnt get to have anybody in a mitb match or is it smackdown exclusive to really push it as the land of opportunity

I assume it's because the only times they have both brands are the big 4. Or like happened recently, a shakeup takes place after a match has been made.
    But I just feel as well that if a PPV is named after a gimmick, it should have more than one match for that gimmick. Not every match like Lockdown and the six sides of steel. But MitB used to have a Raw and SD match. I remember one year Elimination Chamber had 2 Chamber matches. Extreme Rules seems to be the only one that does it these days. And maybe Hell in A Cell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I assume it's because the only times they have both brands are the big 4. Or like happened recently, a shakeup takes place after a match has been made.
    But I just feel as well that if a PPV is named after a gimmick, it should have more than one match for that gimmick. Not every match like Lockdown and the six sides of steel. But MitB used to have a Raw and SD match. I remember one year Elimination Chamber had 2 Chamber matches. Extreme Rules seems to be the only one that does it these days. And maybe Hell in A Cell

I thought this was a both brand ppv too

• Advertisement

Hopefully it is what it is this year and next year get rid of the PPV and put it back on Wrestlemania

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought this was a both brand ppv too

Nope. That's why Raw is buidling to Extreme Rules at the moment
    Hopefully it is what it is this year and next year get rid of the PPV and put it back on Wrestlemania

Would be better if they're just going to have a single MitB case anyway.

Would be better if they're just going to have a single MitB case anyway.

And with the roster so big your upper guys can be in the 6-8 man mitb match, it was a real shame Joe or Balor wasnt in a match at Mania this year and not every top talent can have a 1 on 1 match every year there just isnt the space

Look at Randy Orton and Edge at Mania 23, 1 guy who was just in a title match the year before and 1 who the next year would in the main event, makes it seem like a big deal when the top talent are in the match compared to say the lineup for 26 which only had 1 former world champion at the time

I think they should combine the MitB match with a US title match. So win the briefcase by reaching it and win the US title by scoring a pin or a submission. Maybe even make it so the title can keep changing hands until the briefcase is retrieved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think they should combine the MitB match with a US title match. So win the briefcase by reaching it and win the US title by scoring a pin or a submission. Maybe even make it so the title can keep changing hands until the briefcase is retrieved

Vincent russo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just way too many PPV's at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't hold out much hope for the Women's ladder match. Charlotte and Becky have main-evented shows with gimmick matches so they can hang. Natalya, Tamina and Carmella though? Not expecting much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Don't hold out much hope for the Women's ladder match. Charlotte and Becky have main-evented shows with gimmick matches so they can hang. Natalya, Tamina and Carmella though? Not expecting much.

Sorry but Becky's cage match with Bliss was a nothing match. The HIAC match Charlotte had outside the novely was mediocre stuff too.
    I think it'll be good. The women on smackdown put in a bit of effort compared to those on Raw who are coasting since the draft. The brawl on smackdown a few weeks ago was very entertaining.
    Natalya is one of the best women's wrestlers in the company too. I never understand people criticising her & Naomi in ring.

Have a feeling someone will be Injured backstage (sami zayn) and be ruled out of the MITB match. They will be replaced by Rusev who will go on to win the match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have a feeling someone will be Injured backstage (sami zayn) and be ruled out of the MITB match. They will be replaced by Rusev who will go on to win the match

I'd rather they have him straight up steal the case, and then even cash it in the same night as they try to work out if he is a legit holder of the case. A real smash and grab on his part.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd rather they have him straight up steal the case, and then even cash it in the same night as they try to work out if he is a legit holder of the case. A real smash and grab on his part.

That's exactly like something Edge would have done

Would love another ultimate opportunist guy who's always in the title scene no matter how

So just to confirm:
    6 man MitB match
    5 woman MitB match
    Women's title match
    Men's title match
    Tag title match

Doesn't seem to be a full card, especially if they're having a preshow match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

So just to confirm:
    6 man MitB match
    5 woman MitB match
    Women's title match
    Men's title match
    Tag title match

Doesn't seem to be a full card, especially if they're having a preshow match

Primo & Epico v Breezango is the most likely match to be added.
    Outside of that you don't have a whole pile on the roster:
    Hype Bros
    American Alpha
    Tye Dillinger
    Luke Harper

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Primo & Epico v Breezango is the most likely match to be added.
    Outside of that you don't have a whole pile on the roster:
    Hype Bros
    American Alpha
    Tye Dillinger
    Luke Harper

I'm expecting something along the lines of a fashion files hinting at American Alpha being the ones who attacked Breeze and then Luke Harper vs Aidan English on the pre-Show. I could be way off though

I love the MITB gimmick. The cash ins, rather than the match. So happy that tension is about to come back :D

I'm all aboard the Rusev train tonight as well :D

• Advertisement

Seems Smackdown is better at keeping plans quiet than Raw. Like who would've guessed Jinder would be champ, yet on Raw there's already talk of next year's Mania main event.
    And for MitB, I don't know who could win. Seems a Rusev return is the most likely surprise of the night.

But I keep thinking there should be a 6th participant in the women's match, though don't know who it'll be.

Are we expecting the title matches to take place before or after the respective MitB matches, to open up the possibility of a cash in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What if Rusev pops out at the last minute, say, as a babyface is about to take the briefcase, and knocks him down and grabs it himself. This would then set up a match between him and said babyface at the next PPV to keep the briefcase?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    What if Rusev pops out at the last minute, say, as a babyface is about to take the briefcase, and knocks him down and grabs it himself. This would then set up a match between him and said babyface at the next PPV to keep the briefcase?

I want this, but I want a cash in by the end of tonights show too :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I want this, but I want a cash in by the end of tonights show too :pac:

if the mens MITB match is in the middle of the show then its possible were getting a cash in

Orton is in his hometown and might beat Jinder but then lose it too a cash in by whoever wins the MITB but they done the same night cash in previous years with Kane and Ambrose ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The womens match has potential to be inducted into wrestlecrap in record time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So this worth re activating my WWE subscription for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nothing in WWE is worth paying good money for at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nothing in WWE is worth paying good money for at the moment.

Aye think I will go with the six magnums instead.:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I can't remember how the last few years went anymore but do they still relentlessly job the winner out for a few months until they finally cash in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What the hell kind of finish was that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

A dumb one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

First time seeing a manager getting breifcase. Good heel tactic to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I know people will hate the finish but that's a great way for a heel to win gives controvesary and gives people legitimate anger

Mayrse and sharmell have tried it before for mix and booker

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Its for sure a good heel move I don't have much of a problem with it. It's what happens after the match is annoying. Ref's are arguing and Ellsworth just grabs the microphone and says Carmella wins therefore rendering the ref's arguement moot? Or have Shane appear and sort it out? Just makes no sense.

I've no problem with the finish, works well for a sneaky heel.

There's a decent chance she cashes in and wins the title tonight.

• Advertisement

I liked finish of the tag titles match. I mean the championship advantage should be used more and it sets up a rematch down the line.

I'm very curious to see how Lana is in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm very curious to see how Lana is in the ring.
    She's very.... loud.

Naomi hurt, Carmella cash-in?

Edit: That was awesome timing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lana did well.

"Property of Paul.E" ���� fashion vice is good but not as good as Fuji vice.

• Advertisement

The head on JBL there was gold: "He took her name"

Oh yes Maria

Oh man I was hoping Cowboy would have had a cast on is arm.

I agree with JBL. Get well soon Harley race.

I hate when the Champion comes to the ring first.

90% of Jinder's chest is toned and then there's a little bit below his nipples that are all saggy.

Hard not to stare at. It's weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Me too! I know it's in randys home town and al but for me the champ should always come out last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ive always thought they should come out first

Mitb must be going long as only breezango tag left after randy jinder which I can't see going long

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭cagefactor

this is a pretty good match between ortan and mahal, mahal is getting better each and every week

I like a lot of what they are doing on Smackdown.
    The womens division is well developed, teams like Breezango and Usos have come from nowhere to be interesting.
    But, I have NO interest in Jinder Mahal as WWE champion. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement