Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Money In The Bank 2017 (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Apart from AJ vs Nakamura, WWE is the worst company on earth. A man wins the first Women's MITB, countouts, Dusty Finishes and Boring Corbin gets a briefcase.

They hate their fans so much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm giving the show a thumbs up.

I like the Women's story in theory. A few days back, I posted about a potential Rusev return...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd rather they have him straight up steal the case, and then even cash it in the same night as they try to work out if he is a legit holder of the case. A real smash and grab on his part.

I was a little frustrated by a man winning the first women's MITB match, but when they showed Bryan's tweet, and then had Carmella and James walk out during the title match, I actually warmed to the idea, cause a cash in would have worked brilliantly; before Bryan can fix the issue, she's won the title and she's off. But failing to do the cash in also frustrated me then. Its a missed opportunity, an idea I like on paper but I feel they bungled in execution.

I enjoyed the men's ladder match. Not at all shocked Corbin won; he's the typical profile of a MITB holder, an uppermid card heel looking to get a kick to the next level. I loved the Styles/Nakamura show down and I hope they hold off on it till a big PPV (and not give them a 5 minute match on Smackdown).

Otherwise, I thought the rest of the card was grand. Not amazing or special, and I'll probably have forgotten most of it in a few weeks time, but for the show itself, I thought it was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Mike and Maria debut apperance felt a bit flat with zero buzz online. It is interesting how they were allowed to bypass NXT to main roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Haven’t read any of the above posts, just watched the first match now and I feel the Ms MITB match was a wasted opportunity.

You hear all these sound bites about the women wanting to compete and prove they are better than the men and then the match itself is nothing. No cool ladder spots, nothing innovative, no real risks being taken (apart from charlotte’s twisting dive), the lacked in all departments.

Tamina is just awful, the two spears Charlotte gave her couldn’t have been taken any worse, she just sandbags the moves and doesn’t bump.

It was probably the worst ladder MITB ladder match to date and it’s a pity because the crowd wanted to get behind it (chants of this is awesome from after 5 mins). The match looked to be warming up at that point, but it didn’t click into gear. We got a few spots with the ladder being used as a weapon briefly and then it seemed fast forwarded to the finish much to my disappointment.

No problem with the finish, its a heel tactic and controversial. Carmella probably needs the case more than the rest. Becky and Falir didnt need it and both Tamina and Nattie are not worth pushing.

Hopefully the rest of the PPV will be fine.

Just got to the tag team title match. Twas a fine match and the crowd were into it, but Im just over The New Day. I'd love a heel turn for them (alwyas felt they turned face too quickly). The finish was not what you'd want but better to have it here than on a Top tier PPV.

Naomi v Lana wasnt much, but it was better than expected I suppose. Carmella teasing the cash in injected a brief bit of uncertainy to the match. Ive no idea what the are doing with Lana, I feel having her lose her first singles match after some brief build up is pointless. Where does she go from here? She did better than expected but shes still far too inexperienced to be wrestling.

Mike and Maria was a decent intro, but it could have been better. Seemed very low key and something you'd expect more on a Samckdown rather than a PPV. I know they couldnt work the miricle gimmick for obvious reasons but I have faith they can work this gimmick they have for all they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mike and Maria debut apperance felt a bit flat with zero buzz online. It is interesting how they were allowed to bypass NXT to main roster.

Sounded like they got a big pop from the stream I was watching.

I already love their horribly cheesy power ballad theme.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sounded like they got a big pop from the stream I was watching.

I already love their horribly cheesy power ballad theme.

They got a decent pop alright and I do love their theme first, suits the gimmick.

I do feel though the segment was a let down. They needed some fodder to at least banter with. Delighted they debuted, they will be a solid Midcard addition.

I loved their debut. So cheesy and instantly we know they are heels. As opposed to, say, Lana, where the crowd couldn't work it out quickly. Mike and Maria will generate a **** tonne of heat with the gimmick.

Will also say this, after thinking about the women's ending and Ellsworth's role. Looking at reactions online, if that translates into heat for Carmella and Ellsworth, maybe the decision will have been worth it. It gives the faces like Becky and Charlotte a tonne to work with, and a very valid reasoning to be upset with the heels. A face cutting a "You ruined the historic moment!" promo should be a big boost for someone.

There's getting heat and then there's people giving up and not watching the show anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The good: Baron won, that's grand, he's pretty good and it can help him move up. Men's ladder match was grand overall.

The bad: Bollocky finish after bollocky finish. Had a man win the women's ladder match, a count out win in the tag titles, Carmella coming out to tease cashing in and then doing nothing only wasting time, and Orton losing because the Singh brothers are dicking around again. They throw out screwy finishes far too often on shows, and it's all meaningless after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think having the case could be good for Corbin and I think he will cash it in out of nowhere.

The rest of the card was meh, I think Mike and Maria are a bit like Miz and Maryse and there is a potential feud there if they end up on the same roster in the future

Amazed Jinder is still champ and it looks like he may hold onto it going into Summerslam (or is there another SD ppv before that ??)

There's getting heat and then there's people giving up and not watching the show anymore.

Is that really going to be the final straw though? Be honest, if you watched that PPV last night, chances are you're well beyond the "I'm not going to watch any more" phase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So it took until the Breezango match for the first match without outside interference. That's annoying.

I didn't like how Lana debuted her supposed finisher on SD only to have it kicked out of here. Maybe if Naomi had rolled out of the ring or something. Or maybe Carmella missed her cue by more than I thought, with the way Lana was looking at the entrance.

I don't think I would've ever guessed the Ascension were attacking Breezango. Though that's because I forgot clean about them.

(Great. Now I'm wondering is/are The Ascension singular or plural)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I watched the opener and then went to bed. I wasn't working today but I'd had a heavy Saturday on the sauce. I'll watch the men's MITB match at some stage but don't have any burning desire to see the rest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I just went to bed after the first match and watched the rest today. It's a real shame, because MITB is usually a reliably good B PPV, but last night was a bit of a dud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That's me last live event, no sky so stuck to 4 week delay on the network, so will be 4 weeks behind, or just watch the ever growing number of ppvs and read what happens on the weekly shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So many awful finishes. If you took a youngster to that show they didn't get a lot to cheer about with so many heel-heavy results.

Can't believe after all the talk of empowering women that they had a guy take the briefcase and win it for his woman.

Very disappointed that Corbin won the men's match as I think the guy sucks, although the match was good.

The ending for the tag team match was insulting.

I did like the debut of Mike and Maria Kanellis. Love the theme too. Not sure they will be pushed very hard in the long run though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is that really going to be the final straw though? Be honest, if you watched that PPV last night, chances are you're well beyond the "I'm not going to watch any more" phase...

Used to watch Smackdown when AJ was running the place and when Road Dogg wasn't the head writer. Haven't watched since. Just watch the PPVs since I've got the Network. Was hoping to see Nakamura win last night, but obviously Baron Corbin is way more over and talented.

So I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Seriously where are American Alpha, Luke Harper and Tye Dillinger? Not just on this PPV but on Smackdown in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That's me last live event, no sky so stuck to 4 week delay on the network, so will be 4 weeks behind, or just watch the ever growing number of ppvs and read what happens on the weekly shows

Watch the weekly bits on youtube

I was doing that all year while away at college, now im home for the summer I'll watch the full show the next day when I get a chance and even though I fast forward through 80% of it seeing it all and all the crap would depress me, seeing the exciting bits I wanted to see on youtube is far better I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Seriously where are American Alpha, Luke Harper and Tye Dillinger? Not just on this PPV but on Smackdown in general.

I was wondering the same. Has Tye been demoted to Main Event or something?

Advertisement